StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My vee puts out a bunch of heat onto my delicate bits. is there a common fix for this of just one of the pleasures of owning a twin?

·
Registered
96 Posts
My vee puts out a bunch of heat onto my delicate bits. is there a common fix for this of just one of the pleasures of owning a twin?
Sandpaper!

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Never heard of heat issues like that with Vee/Wee before.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Put some pants on? :jawdrop:

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
The Suzuki gel seat is known to have a problem when it's left sitting, otherwise no, it's not typical.

A sheepskin seat cover will probably avoid the problem, but unless you have very sensitive balls (FWIW something I don't want to know) there's very little engine heat coming up through the seat normally.

Pete

·
Registered
831 Posts
The only issue, tangential to grantizzle's, that I've ever heard about is that sometimes the engine vibes can come up through the stock seat and cause one's heirlooms to tingle. This is allegedly due to the forward slope of the pilot's portion of the stock seat.

Never read about any heat issues, though.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
"engine vibes can come up through the stock seat and cause one's heirlooms to tingle"

I need to take a long ride on my stock seat again.

M

·
0 Posts
Corbin

Corbin seat plain and simple. Not only is it an ass bucket but you'll never got toasted chestnuts.:fineprint:

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
Bead seat,, Walmart brand or motorcycle brand,, keeps the air flow to the hot parts,,,
Could find a picture with the VEE
But here is a walmart one on the ST

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I got a gel seat and a sheepskin and on a hot day my seat gets hot. I was thinking of putting something under the seat to deflect the radiant heat, like "bubble wrap" its 3 layers of foil and 2 layers of bubble plastic. Used under metal roofs to deflect heat.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Bead seat,, Walmart brand or motorcycle brand,, keeps the air flow to the hot parts,,,
Nice Beener stickers on the ST:green_lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bought a gel seat and used it for a couple of months on my 1000. After a little time in the sun, it would quickly roast chestnuts or any other kind that were in close proximity. Wasn't any more comfortable than the stock seat anyway so luckily I got it sold. :thumbup:

·
Registered
163 Posts
One of my several attempts to get reasonable longer-range comfort out of my former KLR was a gel insert.

Man! That thing got fiery after just a couple hours sitting in the GA summer sun, and the heat lasted all day.

James

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Use a beaded seat cover and you'll never know the bike has been sitting in the hot sun all afternoon.

MS call your office, MS call your office.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts