StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the roads like between Kingston and Hwy 7, in the Frontenac area and including the area around Westport, Sharbot Lake, Parnham, etc.? I have been told it's nice there and I see some nice looking roads when I zoom in on the map - any suggestions for the best ones in the area? How is the road quality - pavement and scenery?

I never really spend time riding that area because I always go north, but it looks pretty nice on a map and I want to go check it out on my next ride out.

This is something like a route I would do to explore the area: https://goo.gl/maps/8tPvFkGiCyJ2

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,662 Posts
You need to ask JC100 on GTA board....that's his home turf. We had fun when he took me on a few.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
the better roads though are north of 7.. flinton rd and 509 are fantastic. If you are looking for a little gravel hunt rd is an unmaintained rd linking 41 and 62 north of 7 and is worth the ride.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Tenny. Google Maps only allows something like 14 points on a route and then you can't modify it any further, so the route I linked above is just to give an idea. On the gps route I created, I actually have Arden road and many more - it's over 500km/8hrs of just that area:)

To and from Mississauga will make this a full day. No gravel for me on this ride though, because I'm on pure street tires. And I have ridden the roads north of Hwy 7 many times (and like them a lot), so I was curious to see what was hiding below.

·
Registered
325 Posts
You'll like all of those although I don't know how you'd do to and from Mississauga in a day to take in all of that.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most of my rides are long days anyways, so this will be just another ride. The hard part is getting to and from Kingston area - the 401 is fast but draining.

I'll post it up if anyone wants to join when I go.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Top ontario roads

Just out that way yesterday.
Northey's Bay road was good, the roads around Westport are great near the lake.
Check it out.
try doing a search for motorcycle-touring/the-top-30-motorcycle-roads-in-ontario

·
Registered
152 Posts
I am old school I like maps. That said I ride this eastern & and northern section every day lots to see and discover. Stay off 7,28,&62 And you can go wrong .I live near Hastings and can see new stuff every day with little traffic. Ride safe, Al

·
Super Moderator
13,093 Posts
I am old school I like maps. That said I ride this eastern & and northern section every day lots to see and discover. Stay off 7,28,&62 And you can go wrong .I live near Hastings and can see new stuff every day with little traffic. Ride safe, Al
Hi Al,

I phoned the lace that use to be "La Gondola". Now owned by the people across the river. Sounds like it's been gentrified..have you eaten there? Any good? They don't (yet) make Panzorottos (in my humble opinion La Gondola's were the best I have ever had.)

..Tom

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hi Tom ,Ya Wife &I went in to eat but left, not real Impressed <pricey & a strange menu not are thing ,Far better choice & price at banjo's on other side of bridge. See Ya Al

1 - 15 of 15 Posts