StromTrooper banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a road trip to Conway, Arkansas recently to visit some friends. On the way in and out I stopped and took a few pictures along the way. Though I'm only a passing American Idol fan, I did notice all the "we love you Kris Allen" signs and posters all over town.

Downtown Conway kind of reminds me of a typical midwestern farm town, which I suppose it was 50 years ago. In the spring the town holds the annual Toad Suck Festival, which apparently is a pretty big deal. I was even able to pull over on the sidewalk in Toad Suck Square right in the middle of town and take a picture by the sign post.

I made a side trip just outside of town and crossed over the bridge on top of Toad Suck Lock & Dam over the Arkansas River and stopped for a rest in Toad Suck Park. Apparently, before the bridge this is where the Toad Suck Ferry crossed the river.

If you don't know where Conway, Arkansas, is, it's right between Toad Suck and Pickles Gap.

On the way back north on Highway 25 I stopped for a break in downtown Guy, Arkansas, but wasn't much going on.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts