StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After several rainy days in my neck of the woods, it was sunny, dry, and mild enough for a ride on Saturday!! (First ride in nearly 2 months.) :hurray::hurray:
Rt. 116 from Plainfield to Deerfield, Rt. 5-10 to Greenfield, Rt. 2 to Shelburne Falls, Rt. 112 to Ashfield! Oh, the joy!! The rain has washed the salt and sand off all of them! It's just above freezing now and in/out sun but I'm going to plug in and do it again today! :hurray::hurray:

And the forecast looks to be dry all week. Hope to see some storm mates on the roads!

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
After several rainy days in my neck of the woods, it was sunny, dry, and mild enough for a ride on Saturday!! (First ride in nearly 2 months.) :hurray::hurray:
Rt. 116 from Plainfield to Deerfield, Rt. 5-10 to Greenfield, Rt. 2 to Shelburne Falls, Rt. 112 to Ashfield! Oh, the joy!! The rain has washed the salt and sand off all of them! It's just above freezing now and in/out sun but I'm going to plug in and do it again today! :hurray::hurray:

And the forecast looks to be dry all week. Hope to see some storm mates on the roads!
Congrats Steve, I was toying with the idea Saturday, but you actually did it. I was finishing my Denali fuse block install, and ran out of time. I would be sure to clean off your bike though, so to minimize corrosion. I am sure you stuck out like a sore thumb - good for you !:hurray:

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Sid, I hope the fuse block install went well.
I know, its tough when you get a mild day and want or need to work on the bike when your hands won't freeze up - and also, do a ride for the same reason. :headbang:

I was torn today as it never got above 31, but I had my hopes up and couldn't resist. The only thing that got cold after an hour was my feet but toe flexing kept it under control. I did see 2 other riders on Saturday and one today. Heartfelt waves each time. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
Hey Sid, I hope the fuse block install went well.
I know, its tough when you get a mild day and want or need to work on the bike when your hands won't freeze up - and also, do a ride for the same reason. :headbang:

I was torn today as it never got above 31, but I had my hopes up and couldn't resist. The only thing that got cold after an hour was my feet but toe flexing kept it under control. I did see 2 other riders on Saturday and one today. Heartfelt waves each time. :thumbup:
That wasn't heartfelt waves, they were trying to warm their hands:green_lol:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Roads are clean and dry in southern New Hampshire and the weather is clear for the next few days.:hurray: Not as nice to ride as your area though. Beautiful ride to work this morning but a little on the cold side.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Got about a hundred mile ride in yesterday, up through central Mass just into NH and back again. A few spots where water had flowed into the road and froze and a little sand in a few spots but a good ride just the same! The dirt roads were dry and dusty.

·
Registered
969 Posts
-7F OK, I have to admit it, darn cold this morning riding to work. :jawdrop: But the primary roads are free of ice and snow. :hurray: Secondary roads have patchy ice but you can dodge it pretty easy.

·
Registered
898 Posts
-7F OK, I have to admit it, darn cold this morning riding to work. :jawdrop: But the primary roads are free of ice and snow. :hurray: Secondary roads have patchy ice but you can dodge it pretty easy.

I was sitting in my car waiting for a contractor to show at a job site, this morning, when I read this. It was -6F where I was. I read your post over and over to make sure I was understanding what you typed.

Looks like BigMan (Yuval) has company in the "Crazy Muth-af**ker" category!

Tell me you have heated gear. You do, right?

·
Registered
969 Posts
I was sitting in my car waiting for a contractor to show at a job site, this morning, when I read this. It was -6F where I was. I read your post over and over to make sure I was understanding what you typed.

Looks like BigMan (Yuval) has company in the "Crazy Muth-af**ker" category!

Tell me you have heated gear. You do, right?
No heated gear. Any day on a bike is a vacation to me, just not one in a warm place.

·
Registered
471 Posts
There is so much salt and sand on my road it looks like a dirt road, it's all ice underneath.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Checked out the roads in the southwest Adirondacks and northern Tug Hill today. 95% were covered in snow....just the way I like it between December 15th and April 15th! 130 miles today on the sleds.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Rains

Well Kids, it's here! We've had two days of clensing rains. I'm declaring the roads pretty much salt free. Though I'm sure there's some salt sequestered in the snow on the roadsides. Now, if it's above 35 degrees, I feel I can ride. I say that because below 35 I feel there's a decent risk for ice on the roads as one will ride through colder spots. Not sure about commuting to work yet as my commute has me riding into work and home in the dark and siginifigant pot holes abound here in west Massachusetts. I'm considering adding lighting to the bike because of my dark commutes. Anyway...............we're getting there!! :)
Ride safe, all.
g

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is the couple weeks I wish I was a valley dweller, Gary!
I WILL be out on my 250 tomorrow though :hurray: :hurray:
See you on the road soon though, I hope! :thumbup:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Still dealing with snowstorms every other day here in Northern Maine. 8" yesterday, 4-7 more for tomorrow.....Maybe I should just get a new snowmobile.... td :headbang:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Got the bike out of the shed yesterday, which required snowblowing a path and working a little too hard to get it through the slushy/muddy path, but it's time.

As a side note, you can almost always guarantee something is worth doing if your wife calls you a dumbass for doing it.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I've only been out for a few short rides so far :( The roads are clear but the temp has really dropped the last few days, about 15 F when I woke up this morning so that was an easy decision to take the car LOL. I figure i'm still a few weeks away from switching to the bike full time and parking the car. For now it's just quick rides after work ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts