StromTrooper banner

161 - 180 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
TT Riser

Isn't the front break line a little bit too tight when you do a full left turn with the TT risers?
If not, can you show a picture how you rerouted the break line.
Thanks!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Used the technique of running the hoses behind the top triple. Piece of cake, and it's so much more comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
read this thread from start to finish as I'm looking at a 14.

I'm pretty sure I'll want my bars high, and was hoping to just pull my Rox 2" of my XR650.

But...reading this... was there ever a consensus and supplier found for either extensions or fully longer hoses?

·
Super Moderator
13,054 Posts
Sorry guys, I've been away for a while suffering from forum burn out. A couple fun days in the saddle have fixed me up.

I'll check on the longer top line for the Vee2 tomorrow. If it can be done I'll order enough to satisfy the need expressed here and then some.

Rick
Did you ever get anywhere with this?

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
101 Posts
Tim,
I'm pretty sure Rick announced elsewhere he has long line kits available now. I need to get mine ordered.
That sounds familiar, but his website does not have anything listed for 2014 or newer DL 1000. Unless I'm suffering from user failure.

EDIT: I suffered from user error, I missed small link that goes to 2014+

Joe

·
Vendor
4,656 Posts
http://www.stromtrooper.com/adventuretech-llc/314961-lowest-prices-handle-bar-risers.html

http://www.stromtrooper.com/adventuretech-llc/210601-lower-cost-2-brake-line-adapaters.html

We have the full +2" brake and clutch line kits for the Vee2 in stock. +2" Brake line Options - AdventureTech, LLC.

Someone in Australia already installed 2" risers and +2" hydraulics lines. He didn't mention any trouble with the throttle cables. I don't know if it just was not an issue or if he worked it out somehow.

·
1,236 Posts
http://www.stromtrooper.com/adventuretech-llc/314961-lowest-prices-handle-bar-risers.html

http://www.stromtrooper.com/adventuretech-llc/210601-lower-cost-2-brake-line-adapaters.html

We have the full +2" brake and clutch line kits for the Vee2 in stock. +2" Brake line Options - AdventureTech, LLC.

Someone in Australia already installed 2" risers and +2" hydraulics lines. He didn't mention any trouble with the throttle cables. I don't know if it just was not an issue or if he worked it out somehow.
Hi Rick
If you are talking about our brake line extension we had done that you pm'd about then yes it does all work fine with everything else just rotated a retainer clamp.

We found from working on friends bikes that on the newer 2012+ 650's as the new year models came out they shortened stuff might be doing the same on the V2.

Cheers GotaV2

·
Registered
207 Posts
When I use the highway pegs I feel like I'm stretching to reach the bars and that hurts my back. I don't need them higher just pulled back like an inch. Anyone used the 1 up 1 back riser from svracing?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Anybody found a 2" brake hose extension?
My clutch hose is fine with the risers and don't need or want to spend $260 Can on braided lines.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Anybody found a 2" brake hose extension?

My clutch hose is fine with the risers and don't need or want to spend $260 Can on braided lines.

I used a 5" extension from Galfer. Runs $30, and works great. Maybe too long, but it beats the alternative.

·
Registered
107 Posts
1" Risers
I don't know what it is about my bike,but I have very little slack in any of the cables or electrical,even taking them out of there retainers and checking under the tank for a different way of routing them. The only one I have a lot of movement with was the throttle cable. I did not want to remove the triple clamp and I don't think it would do much good anyway. So being the "cheap" fellow I am,I found a set of Tusk risers with the help of my local shop we ordered them an installed them. They have been on for a month now and make a big difference for me. They came with a stack of shims for up to 2" inches I believe,but 1" was what we felt comfortable with. No binding or kinking of lines and cables and easy to put on. No longer feel as if I am stretching to reach the bars ( only 5'7"). I would have liked to have gone for 2" risers but that wasn't happening with my bike. Like I said it works for me and for $40 I am very happy. Just passing some info along. Still thinking about cutting my bars shorter and see what happens from there. Your mileage may very!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I used a 6" extension from Heli- bar. Looks like a bag of dicks but it was easy to install and solved the problem. Works fine. About $30
The only problem is that it doesn't get along too well with my Barkbusters.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I tried the triple clamp trick.It was pretty easy to but for some reason ,in my case it made the brake hose situation worse. No problem with any of the other hoses or cables.

161 - 180 of 197 Posts