StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my old Arthritic shoulder is letting me know it doesn't like the forward leaning arm stretch position. I might have already asked this but has anyone looked into what's available for the 2014 and will they effect cable length and positioning?
If Rox would work I would go for those. 2" up and back would be perfect.

·
Registered
209 Posts
So, my old Arthritic shoulder is letting me know it doesn't like the forward leaning arm stretch position. I might have already asked this but has anyone looked into what's available for the 2014 and will they effect cable length and positioning?
If Rox would work I would go for those. 2" up and back would be perfect.
From what I can see the chances of getting 2" out of the hoses is about 0. I did some tidying up, but I can't see any way to get anything like that much.

With my height I can put up with the slightly forward leaning attitude, but I can see it being an issue with anyone at 5' 10" or more.

Maybe custom braided lines for brake and clutch aren't too hard, but I don't see throttle cable stretching that far.

·
Registered
509 Posts
If the throttle cables won't allow risers that is a huge mistake by Suzuki. Without risers I wouldn't be riding a V-Strom.

·
Registered
209 Posts
If the throttle cables won't allow risers that is a huge mistake by Suzuki. Without risers I wouldn't be riding a V-Strom.
Not a terribly logical comment. So if some 'King Kong' wanted to ride the bike but needed 12" risers that would be a design flaw?

·
Registered
9 Posts
so after 8 years on 2 different vstrom 650 i bought a new v2. this bike is almost perfect for me,just need risers like i had on my 650. my 650 was easy, just put a longer front brake line on. i tried to put these risers on the new v2 and no way will it work!! the front brake line is way to short and it goes into a box ,so you just can't buy a new line. and it looks like the clutch cable is to short and the throttle cables. i hope somebody figures this one out!!:confused:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sure somebody will in time but it sure is good to know that you found that out.:thumbup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
so after 8 years on 2 different vstrom 650 i bought a new v2. this bike is almost perfect for me,just need risers like i had on my 650. my 650 was easy, just put a longer front brake line on. i tried to put these risers on the new v2 and no way will it work!! the front brake line is way to short and it goes into a box ,so you just can't buy a new line. and it looks like the clutch cable is to short and the throttle cables. i hope somebody figures this one out!!:confused:
How tall are the risers you were trying to put on?

·
Registered
9 Posts
yah 1" riser up might work but the brake line will be real tight when you turn the bars. i want to bring the bars 1" closer to me but i don't think its going to happen.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Has anyone gotten any farther with risers? I need em real bad. Don't want pinched hoses or wires, tho. Looking for someone who has done it correctly.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Seems suzuki , don't really care too much about the shorter smaller riders , bikes just that little bit tall , risers will cost a fortune to replace cables , which no doubt suzuki will have for a very very good price , (for them ).

Lucky i bought the glee 650 ,, and if i want to upgrade theres always the tenere , which does'nt need risers has much , and theres plenty of cable if they do , and the seat height is the same has the 650 . Shame really , but then again i have noticed the price has dropped already .

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I need to get back 1 to 2 inches. With the with the fork rake, do you think that does it. Think I'll spend a little time examining the hoses and see just how much I could squeeze out of them. On the other hand, a set of braided stainless hoses an inch or two longer would look sharp. Anyone know where to go for those?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I need to get back 1 to 2 inches. With the with the fork rake, do you think that does it. Think I'll spend a little time examining the hoses and see just how much I could squeeze out of them. On the other hand, a set of braided stainless hoses an inch or two longer would look sharp. Anyone know where to go for those?
I'd normally say try Galfer (galferusa.com), but they don't show any lines yet for the 2014 in their current cattledog.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it's probably just the length we need to worry about. I'm sure the fittings are the same as 2013.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got risers from Touratech for about 68$. Dońt recall exactly but they are about 1-1/2" at an angle of about 60 degrees. Works magic for me. All the cables are fine. 10 minutes for installation.

Like them!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just to confirm, Eric. You have a 2014? 1000?

1 - 20 of 197 Posts