StromTrooper banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2" Rox Risers fit on the 2012 without having to futz with cables. No restrictions lock to lock, although mine are more upright than leaning back toward the seat. That might be problematic, but cables can be repositioned.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Same with my Tusk 30mm risers, no problems at all. I don't know who started the new brake line crap, but it's just that-crap! Cheers--BB

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
I just bought brakelines from Blair.Wife is real happy now that bar is up and back.
Little pricy but, no more back pains. Longer rides are always a plus.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just installed the SW Motech 25mm risers on my bars last week and there was no room left in the front brake line for me to go any higher (or back).

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have my stock bars tilted back as far as possible without anything hitting the tank and the front brake line is fairly tight. I can see where taking it out of some routing brackets would ease the tension, but only so much.

I'm sure if you want the full up and back riser set up (without the bike having been lowered in the front) you'll want a longer brake line set up. But you can squeak by with a modest riser lift by loosening some routing.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Same with my Tusk 30mm risers, no problems at all. I don't know who started the new brake line crap, but it's just that-crap! Cheers--BB
I tried to order the 30mm Tusk from Rocky Mountain ATV, but they do not list a part being available for the 2012 DL650. Do you recall which part number you bought?

I also attempts to order the Sargent seat for the 2012. Same results: no part number listed for that model...

Thanks...

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Parts folks play catch up with new models. The handlebar clamps on the Glee have the same spacing as the Wee so bar risers will fit. The seat is totally different so Sargent will need to make a new pan before bringing out a comparable seat.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Risers

I actually like a very small lean toward the front of the bike from time to time. I find it takes pressure off my butt and helps put weight over the front tire, which is better for handling. If I put on risers and move the bars back, then I have lost my forward lean. Each to his own. I should add that I can reach my bars in their stock position as well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
just added the rox riders at about 45 deg up and back and no need to changing cables just needed to release from 1 bracket

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I TALKED with sargent yesterday. their new 650 seat is not ready yet with eta of theis fall. if you register for one on their website, would will be first inline and also get it $50 off. they will notify you but you are under no obligation to buy when you register.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I tried to order the 30mm Tusk from Rocky Mountain ATV, but they do not list a part being available for the 2012 DL650. Do you recall which part number you bought?

I also attempts to order the Sargent seat for the 2012. Same results: no part number listed for that model...

Thanks...
Go to E-Bay, search up tusk 30mm risers, get the ones for 7/8" handlebars, I got mine from Cascade Lakes motorsports for around $20. Cheers--BB

·
Registered
205 Posts
I TALKED with sargent yesterday. their new 650 seat is not ready yet with eta of theis fall. if you register for one on their website, would will be first inline and also get it $50 off. they will notify you but you are under no obligation to buy when you register.
Nice! :hurray:

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
for those that have installed the 30mm risers...did they work or do you wish you had installed the 2" ROX risers?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
for those that have installed the 30mm risers...did they work or do you wish you had installed the 2" ROX risers?
Everyone has unique body proportions and comfort zones. What anyone else prefers has no bearing on what will work for you. For example, the stock bars work fine for me. You need to do a personal determination of where you like your hands best.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts