StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

looking for up and back riser recommendations for a 2015 DL650 without having to extend cables. I've read several threads and it appears that the 2" Rox Risers will work with some rerouting of cables. Looking for explicit confirmations of such on the 12+ DL650.

What about the sw-motech 1"/1" barbacks?

I need to bring the bars back about an inch and up. I've read a lot of good things about the improvement in comfort and driving dynamics.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi All,

looking for up and back riser recommendations for a 2015 DL650 without having to extend cables. I've read several threads and it appears that the 2" Rox Risers will work with some rerouting of cables. Looking for explicit confirmations of such on the 12+ DL650.

What about the sw-motech 1"/1" barbacks?

I need to bring the bars back about an inch and up. I've read a lot of good things about the improvement in comfort and driving dynamics.

I have the sw-motech up and back risers fitted, no longer cables needed, really improved the riding position, I'm 6'1" 32 inch inseam, lowered the pegs an inch too.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the sw-motech up and back risers fitted, no longer cables needed, really improved the riding position, I'm 6'1" 32 inch inseam, lowered the pegs an inch too.
That's great to hear. The SW-Motech barbacks are a little higher, so I should have no issues with the Zetas.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Just got done installing 2 inch rox risers. What a difference 2 inches makes. It was a pain though. I had to reroute all cables, break line and some wires. I messed and messed with it, I finally loosened the fork clamp bolts and lowered the forks to reroute the cables. All of this done at a campground. I backed by bike up to a picknic table, tied it down to the legs of the table and put a jack under the motor to hold the bike up. Yes, kinda funky, but it worked. Kinda hard to put forks back into place by myself. You may want to get help. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: Successfully installed the Zeta barbacks in less than 20 minutes. Big difference in riding position. Much more upright. Cables were fine. No changes needed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wanted to add to this thread, I've got risers advertised as 1" up 1.25" back and didn't need to reroute cables at all.

When I went to a new handlebar a bit later (keeping the risers) I did need to reroute the brake line and other cabling (easy with the fork tubes out/dropped down,) but didn't need to replace anything.

The exact risers I have aren't online anymore, but these from ebay are a pretty close match.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts