StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have a pair of 2" Rox risers but am starting to feel like they may be a bit overkill (combined with the fact that they're just a little difficult to get on considering cable length).

I really only need the bars to come BACK (not up at all) about 1/2 to 1 inch. Which risers would you guys recommend for that?

Thanks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Giving this one a bump.

Anyone else have any thoughts on good risers to bring the bars back, rather than up? Just need an inch or less. Thanks!

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have not seen risers that go back only. IMHO, I would avoid this anyway since it would bring the bars straight toward the tank and limit future tank bag options.

Have you considered just changing the handle bars to a set with a greater sweep. Or even just rotating yours toward the rear. (This is free to try it out, just a little time spent loosening and tightening things.)

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have a pair of 2" Rox risers but am starting to feel like they may be a bit overkill (combined with the fact that they're just a little difficult to get on considering cable length).
I want risers for my K7 but I don't want to deal with replacing cables either, especially the ABS line for the front brake because I dread bleeding my brakes again.

I really only need the bars to come BACK (not up at all) about 1/2 to 1 inch. Which risers would you guys recommend for that?
I don't think there is a way to make a riser that only goes back not up so bar replacement seems to be the only option there.

I found these risers from Advanced Motorcycle Products that go up 1.25" and back 5/8" or 1". The back offset of 5/8" is the smallest shift I've found in a riser so maybe I won't have to mess with the brake line. I haven't pulled the trigger yet (other mods higher on my list) but if you use these let us know how it works out. Thanks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Managed to get the 2" Rox Risers on this afternoon after raising the forks 12mm. I don't think I could have done it without that. Raising the forks took all of about 15 minutes once I knew how to do it (some good posts on this forum).

The throttle cable is a little tight at a full left turn but I don't think it's dangerously so. I just removed a few cables from their guides and I'm not totally sure that was even necessary.

Dave

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am looking at risers as well... but only for height. Any experience with the vibration dampening ones that Rox makes? What are some other options? Does anyone know the max height w/o changing cables?

·
Registered
603 Posts
While I am unable to comment on the ROX risers, I can tell you about the ones I choose. I ordered the bikemaster handlebar riser kit which allows for multiple heights and is cheap. They worked as expected and are of good quality. There is no vibration dampening and they provide only vertical adjustment. I had planned to install these temporarily to see what height I wanted/needed and would then purchase a different solution. Well, they are set at 1 inch rise and I do not expect to replace them... So my cheap temporary solution turned into the final solution.

https://www.bikebandit.com/aftermarket-parts/control-brakes/handlebars/bikemaster-7-8-handlebar-risers/p/38772

·
Registered
767 Posts
Managed to get the 2" Rox Risers on this afternoon after raising the forks 12mm. I don't think I could have done it without that. Raising the forks took all of about 15 minutes once I knew how to do it (some good posts on this forum).

The throttle cable is a little tight at a full left turn but I don't think it's dangerously so. I just removed a few cables from their guides and I'm not totally sure that was even necessary.

Dave
Novel way to add cable length. Keep in mind raising the forks (dropping the triple tree), without lowering the rear suspension with longer links, does change the bike geometry. Some like just the raised forks, as it can create crisper turning.
However, again, there *are* steering ramifications from lowering just the front or just the rear suspension...

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have up and backs on my bike but I also run a dirt bike cross bar style handle bar.
Zero issues with tank bags and my set just clears my Givi adjustable windscreen that's on a custom mount.

I didn't need to change any cables or wires.

I don't remember the brand but if you google for 7/8 bar backs you should come up with something.
Iirc I got mine 14 years ago from twisted throttle

I don't like rox riser for how hard it is to tighten them. But they are effective at adjusting the bar position

1 - 14 of 14 Posts