StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, unfortunately my '02 Vee met its end last month. Minivan ran a stopsign and a perfect storm of events caused me to take out its rear drivers door.
Don't remember what exactly happened (got my info from police report), but I see a pretty good skidmark.
Im thinking next year about getting a Wee with ABS. Also, my side hard luggage really saved my leg. Top luggage had my iPad go through it, so they're both toast lol.
Was wearing a full modular helmet, good gloves, boots, and the Firstgear Kilimanjaro jacket. Luckily no broken bones, ect, just alot of fun soft tissue stuff. Fortunately had uninsured medical (bikes not covered though).

Anyone wanna buy slightly used luggage and mounts? :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Holy $hit, glad you're mostly okay. That's a helluva picture.

·
Registered
78 Posts
WOW :jawdrop: Glad you are not seriously injured. Indeed it's a scary picture.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Glad you're doing well enough to post here, but nonetheless sorry to hear about the Vee. May "the soft tissue stuff" heal quickly and heal well!

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
WOW, pics like that make my blood run cold. Glad to hear you survived such a brutal looking crash.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Wow.

That picture says you shouldn't be here.

Glad you are.

I lost my Wee exactly 6 month ago.

I don't remember what happened, either.

That's probably the scariest part.

Take care,

Norm

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Wow glad your OK the front exploded

Get a lawyer etc. 6 to 8 years tou will get some kind of settlement.

Do not say your fine or OK etc., not saying be dishonest just that you can't make that long term judgement.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Glad everything important is still with us. The rest can be replaced. Your another testament to ATGATT. Get well soon and happy hunting on the new Wee.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
That's one way to remove the plastic. Shit! :yikes: Where the hell is the rest of the bike?

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Lucky to survive that one. Hope the other folks were well insured and you are taken care of.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Memory loss

Hi, first off glad you're able to post after that. I'm wondering if you were evaluated for a brain injury, Norm you as well. The brain has a defense mechanism, or so I was told by my sons brain injury team, that wipes out the event. My son crashed his mx bike four years ago and has no recollection of even riding it that day. Might be worth having checked out.

Best of luck and speedy recovery

John

·
Registered
125 Posts
There are no words to express the pucker factor that picture gave me. I'm glad that you were able to walk away from that. I saved your picture to my iPhone for a daily reminder of what can happen. Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
104 Posts
Scary photo of the torn up bike. Glad your OK and will ride again.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Glad your ok! That bike looks like it should have been worse. And as far as the ABS strom, that's one reason I bought the new strom. I really wanted to get a bike with ABS for those oh $#!& moments when you really can't think fast enough. All you have to remember is hard brake and hold it! Also great for wet rides....

·
Registered
478 Posts
wow!

I am pleased to hear you are OK after that crash.

That picture would suggest otherwise.

Great to hear you had your gear on.

Mike D.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Thankful you lived to ride another day.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Holy Crap!!! There's nothing left of that front end. Amazing you had no broken bones. I'm sure the gear helped.

On a side note, since you're selling the luggage, how much would you want for the rear shock and the tray under the seat? Assuming both are not damaged from the accident.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts