StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
13,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone feel like a run though Algonquin this Sunday? I'd include 507, Peterson Road, and a number of other nice roads. My GPS suggests it would be around 500 to 550 km depending on the exact roads we took.

Ideally I'd want to eave pretty early Sunday AM.. it should take most of the day according to my GPS.

..Tom

·
Administrator
13,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess it depends on who can come. If I was going myself I'd leave Mt Albert area (east of Newmarket) 7-8ish or maybe earlier, but I would welcome company and would be happy to leave later.

My hope was to get back before the worst of the weekend traffic started heading back.

..Tom

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Tom, what route are you taking North? I'm trying to get free for the day and I'm thinking about where I'd meet up with you.

·
Administrator
13,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am open to routes..

I'll take a look at the maps and see what makes sense.

..Tom
Tom, what route are you taking North? I'm trying to get free for the day and I'm thinking about where I'd meet up with you.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi Tom:

I'm interested as long as you are not going off road or going to do any un-maintained roads. I'm OK on hard packed dirt or gravel roads but maybe not as quick as the Wee. The C50 is also not quite as nimble as the Wee in loose sand and stones. Ask me how I know that! :)

I could meet you at your home or anywhere else in Newmarket.

·
Administrator
13,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Throttlehound:

Heavy is meeting me at my place in Mount Albert at 7am Sunday. I sent you an email with my address and number.

We'll stick to normal roads.. none of the rough or off-road stuff.

..Tom

Hi Tom:

I'm interested as long as you are not going off road or going to do any un-maintained roads. I'm OK on hard packed dirt or gravel roads but maybe not as quick as the Wee. The C50 is also not quite as nimble as the Wee in loose sand and stones. Ask me how I know that! :)

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Hey Throttlehound,

Come on along!

An early start but it should mean we beat most of the traffic coming back South.

With you on your C50 I may not be the slowest. :wink:

Hi Tom:

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Shame...

Anyone feel like a run though Algonquin this Sunday? I'd include 507, Peterson Road, and a number of other nice roads. My GPS suggests it would be around 500 to 550 km depending on the exact roads we took.
..Tom
Too bad, a little more notice and I would have joined you. Just got back from a 1400 km camping trip around Georgian Bay. I need a few days to recover from sleeping on the hard ground each night...

-Peter in Niagara Falls

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hard ground

Yo Pete. Two words, "Big Agness" Their sleeping bags have no bottom fill. Instead there is a pocket for thier 2.5" air matress. Heavenly! I'll never sleep on a foam pad or self inflator again. Check out their website, BigAgness.com. the comfort difference is trully astounding.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
thanks

Yo Pete. Two words, "Big Agness" Their sleeping bags have no bottom fill. Instead there is a pocket for thier 2.5" air matress. Heavenly! I'll never sleep on a foam pad or self inflator again. Check out their website, BigAgness.com. the comfort difference is trully astounding.
Thanks Jstrom, I'll check them out.

-Peter

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Hey V-Tom and Throttlehound...great ride today. Door to door was just over 620 kms for me.

Way to wring that C50's neck Throttlehound. Imagine....Tom making you ride that shiney thing on gravel roads...sheesh...

Thanks for picking out the route Tom. :-D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey V-Tom and Throttlehound...great ride today. Door to door was just over 620 kms for me.

Way to wring that C50's neck Throttlehound. Imagine....Tom making you ride that shiney thing on gravel roads...sheesh...

Thanks for picking out the route Tom. :-D
A great ride it was, 684 kms for me - my longest day ever, I believe. My poor little C50 sure got a thrashing today - full throttle out of most corners and down the straightaways just to keep you guys in sight! I sure miss the effortless high end power of the V-Strom. Once I shift from 4 to 5 at 120 Kph, the party is pretty much over. We sure got great weather for my first trip through Algonquin. It was also nice to get through a long ride with no mishaps in our group. I almost took out two chipmunks and a cat, but luckily I saw them all in time.

Thanks for setting up the route for us V-Tom, that was great!! :)

·
Administrator
13,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had a blast as well! Thanks for coming!

My bike said 610km, my gps 599km. I can see 1000 km runs being fairly easy to do.

We should think about doing a fall run.. maybe the same route?

Also sometime before too long I want to do a longer run.. maybe either further north or around lake Ontario. Any suggestions?

..Tom

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
What about a run down into the Finger Lakes area. Get into Southern NY and Northern PA and there are some nice roads.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts