StromTrooper banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
>:)

I am wondering if anyone has stripped the plastic off their 2012+ DL650, and if so, how did it turn out? I would love to see pics.

I am toying with the idea of getting a used tank and removing the mounting points for the plastic. Smooth it out and repaint. Remove the fairing and install a round headlight and some turn signals. No idea how I would mount the gauges, but I would like to keep the OEM piece.

·
Registered
320 Posts
>:)

I am wondering if anyone has stripped the plastic off their 2012+ DL650, and if so, how did it turn out? I would love to see pics.

I am toying with the idea of getting a used tank and removing the mounting points for the plastic. Smooth it out and repaint. Remove the fairing and install a round headlight and some turn signals. No idea how I would mount the gauges, but I would like to keep the OEM piece.

Take the windshield off and go for a ride. I was forced to do this because I lost one of the well nuts that attach the windshield to the fairing, and at first thought i would get blown off the bike, but realized the mini fairing that is on the vstrom is actually very effective. You might just realize the no windshield option works well enough, as pressure is removed off your chest, but your shoulders and helmet are in smooth open air. And I found I was more confident and inspired to hoon around more (not necessarily a good thing :p). Its really a trip to run it this way. I highly recommend trying it.

And since my bike is black, it looks like a wicked naked without the windshield. I'm starting to dig the idea of occasionally riding it this way. I feel like I have two bikes in one. :wink2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts