StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys I am new to the world of VEE's (I pick my '10 Vee up tomorrow).
I am in need of some instruction in there proper and correct use:fine print:
Let me say I have been riding road bikes for 23 years so I am no novice, it was just time to step over to the dark (or should I say MUDDY) side. I would be very interested to hear from any rides down this way, (this forum seems to be dominated by northerners).
Please be gentle with me and happy stromming.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
North??

Let me say I have been riding road bikes for 23 years so I am no novice, it was just time to step over to the dark (or should I say MUDDY) side. I would be very interested to hear from any rides down this way, (this forum seems to be dominated by northerners).
Northerners!! Bah humbug.
Once you get to Townsville or over the tropic of Capricorn then you are northish. I despair that there aren't too many on the forum up this neck of the woods. I do envy those in the south at times because of all the roads you have to choose from, as you head up here the level of connectivity decreases alarmingly meaning fewer choices of roads to take.
But I digress as usual, northern NSW has some fantastic rides packed into a small area. I can suggest the Old Grafton Road as a great ride for someone just into this riding genre. The road is good and the scenery fantastic.
Check out some ride reports on the forum to get more ideas of great rides.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Reefton Spur / Black Spur
South Gippsland backroads
Dandenongs/Yarra Ranges
Bunyip Forest
Warburton State Forest
Kinglake/Yea area
Cape Schanck/Red Hill area roads
Black Forest/ Mount Macedon
Strathbogies
and the list goes on....

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Hi Muddy and welcome,are you indicating you would like some unsealed roads and at a hard top not too threatening for a start,that is what I gather from your post,I am not familiar with your area,some on the site may well be.there must be some FERAL roads in the Frankston area :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the posts guys, I enjoy the black tops around the black and reefton spurs. Riding in the mountains is fun. What I was more in need of is the soft side. Went out this morning and rode for an hour around on the gravel roads, wahoo and I did not come off.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Bunyip or Yarra Ranges State forests. Kurth Kiln area near Gembrook. Just follow your nose most roads lead somewhere and all are capable of being driven on a 2WD car so be sensible and if it looks above your experience or competence level stop, walk the next 200 metres or so, decide to proceed or not and if necessary turn around. There is no shame in turning around but there is humiliation if you are on the evening news as "motorcyclist rescued from forest trail".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts