StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a riding gear forum im too dumb to find? If not, why not?
Helmets, jackets, pants, gloves, boots, etc

·
Administrator
17,091 Posts
If enough interest, I'm sure I know someone who could make it happen. ;)

·
Administrator
5,716 Posts
Currently such discussion is all over the place. A "Riding Gear" thread for questions and reviews seems a great idea. I'm for one.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I never really had good gear before i had my Vee, but now i ride a lot more and find good gear actually more enjoyable to ride with. Researching specific items for input, or reading others experiences is definitely scattered, and being able to interact here is certainly better than reading reviews on other sites in a one way conversation. Theres a lot of good input here, and centralizing threads on helmets, gloves, jackets could be beneficial.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,331 Posts
I am not for it or against it. But it is true you can get the forum less user friendly with too much soup to wade through.

We have "Strom supporters where to buy" that last had a post 9/4/16, "home page news" last post 6/28/18 just as an example of stuff that would not be missed. Take away or reorganize before adding another.

VSRI was never user friendly. That was what kept the audience a fraction of Stromtrooper.

Reactions: Big B

·
Administrator
17,091 Posts
I am not for it or against it. But it is true you can get the forum less user friendly with too much soup to wade through.

We have "Strom supporters where to buy" that last had a post 9/4/16, "home page news" last post 6/28/18 just as an example of stuff that would not be missed. Take away or reorganize before adding another.

VSRI was never user friendly. That was what kept the audience a fraction of Stromtrooper.
Yup we have A LOT of dead wood in the forum sections not being utilized, same goes for some vendors as well. I see myself doing some pretty substantial housekeeping soon. :wink2:

·
Administrator
17,091 Posts
Good job. Can I suggest four sub forums or stickies.

Helmets
Jackets, Pants & Gloves
Boots
Other Rider Gear
Yes sir I can take a look at implementing such a thing, or do you also know how to do it?

·
Administrator
5,716 Posts
Yes sir I can take a look at implementing such a thing, or do you also know how to do it?
I can certainly make stickies and look at upgrading my forum knowledge skills. :grin2:
My thinking was that by splitting it into sections that troopers could quickly find information on what they were interested without having to wade through irrelevant articles.
As on the internet, most people give up after a page or two. I did not want to interfere with what you had started. Your choice.

·
Administrator
13,552 Posts
I would strongly suggest you don't create sub forums until there are lots of postings in the main part of the forum.

Discussions are the lifeblood of the forums and they die when things are too spread out.

..Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts