StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
You need to add some details - there are literally hundreds of options. A pair that fits, do you need waterproof or vented? Do you have really big feet, mens or womens (less selection in womens) street only or off road. Pretty much any motorcycle boot will work, depends on your needs (and colour preference!)

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I typically wear my HiTech waterproof hiking boots. They come up over the ankle and are comfortable to hike in.

The only issue I have had is during heavy rains. I think the water comes in through my sock or around the upper part of the tongue and the boot really loads up with water even with the Frog Toggs on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
man,s boot - sims like to me the angle is hard to shift with regular work boots, but maybe i need to give it more time to get used to it. would like to have waterproof but not a must, for street riding.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Motorcycle boots have protection specifically designed for the forces in a crash - unlike work boots. They also tend to have lower profile toes to fit under the shifter easier. The height of the shifter is adjustable to help. Webbikeworld.com has reviews on footwear (among other good stuff). I use Alpinestars Web goretex boots and like them - they fit my narrow feet well and are waterproof.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Alpinestar Web Goretex is a great place to start. I wear a 12.5 medium width and got a size 13/48. Extremely comfortable, have kept my feet warm and dry in all weather conditions. I'm very happy with mine and would buy again.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I wear Alpinestars Scout boots - waterproof and very, very comfy. I did have adjust the shifter up a bit when I first got the boots, but they've broken in nicely and I recently adjusted it back down.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Stealth boots...

If you ride to work and you work in an office, these look just like dress shoes as long as you don't pull your pants leg up too far... :fineprint:

Cruiserworks Defender

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
Boots are rider specific, not bike specific.

I'm super happy with my alpinestars web goretex.
The sidi onroad sympatex are also amazing.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Have been very happy with Alpinestars Ridge waterproof boots. VERY comfortable. No laces to snag the pegs or shifter/brake levers with. Relatively slim profile so no massive shifter angle adjustments are needed to compensate for boot thickness. Actually had to adjust my shifter down after changing from my earlier clunky HD-brand boots my brother gave me.

Only downside: REALLY waterproof, which means sweatproof and ventilation proof. Over the summer I may have developed a slight case of athlete's foot as a result (but the scratching is FUN!!!) :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Alpinestars Ridge Waterproof Boot - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Fits somewhat smaller than claimed size. I wear a 10.5 - 11 show size, and the size 12 Alpinestars fit me correctly.

For that reason, recommend trying & purchasing at a real dealer if you can and not ordering online.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Tourmaster Solution. Also adjust the shift lever down some. Stock (on mine, anyway) was way too high. I moved mine down over an inch...

·
Registered
710 Posts
i'm pretty happy with my Thor 50/50's fairly heavy duty, but not super bulky/heavy

·
Registered
7,442 Posts

How much crash protection do you want? Something like this is very good:

Otherwise, buy boots that are comfy for you and give you the weather protection you need. You can always adjust the shifter and brake pedal to fit your boots. Alpinestar, Sidi, TCX/Oxtar are all good as are other brands. They all cost too much; shop around for closeouts or other discounts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
riding boot.....

good evening,

Tourmaster Solution...shifter pad and lots of protection...easy for me to work in also....inside zipper....easy on the check book...lol...

good luck,
FREE TEXAS,
bluebonnet2

1 - 20 of 102 Posts