StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I've seen several riders from around the Chicago and nearby suburbs on this forum. So my question is , where do you go riding? I'm looking for routes that might be a couple of hours or a day trip. I'm not exactly like Magellan when it comes to exploring the unknown, Thanks. Keith

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
I usually find an A&W restaurant not with a KFC, turn off Interstates in the GPS or pick the most direct instead of fastest, and go. The Wisconsin Dells and Mississippi river area offer decent scenery. See http://www.chicagomotorcycleguide.com/SCENIC.HTM too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looking at a day ride head out to Savanna along the Mississippi river, then up to and around Elizabethtown... up in northwestern ill.. then come back along rt 38 thru dekalb... over northwest ILL there are hills and lots of open farm land. i got lost up there, but found my way out after a few go backs to look twice at street signs to make sure i was on the right road.

Down near Seneca and Marseilles is nice too up and down the Illinois river. LOTS of bikes down there on the weekends during the summer...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts