StromTrooper banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning a trip around Lake Huron, I will be starting in the Owen Sound area and either going south to Port Huron or north to Parry Sound and around to Sault St.Marie. I plan on staying in motels along the route and am giving myself 2-3 days. Is this enough time? I don't plan on going balls to the wall or anything and I hope to stay near the water for most of it. Can anyone who has done this route give me any info I might need, are there plenty of motels and gas stations along this route? Any tips like that would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
812 Posts
I would think 3 days. I've done around Georgian Bay a couple times and allowed 2 days, but I do live further away than you. Have you guesstimated the distance?

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Highway 25, around the right coast of michigan is put pretty slow going at times due to lots of small fishing towns. Getting fuel is no problem. Lots of small towns to go through that have 25mph speed limits and local police who are waiting all day for you. Still, its a nice ride. I'd say 3 days minimum, if you want to have fun. Tip..spend your last night in. Port Austin at the Garfield Inn if you are riding from Canadia going counterclockwise. Also, almost every motel on the coast of michigan has a two night stay minimum until after Labor Day (vacation season), thereafter normal day rates apply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts