StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm riding from Cleveland, OH to the Big Apple in the middle of May. I assume I'll be riding out of Cleveland on I-90 and heading North East in to NY. I've done I-80 across PA far too many times and I'm trying to stay off of major highways as much as possible. I'm looking for some good roads, scenic highways and basically any excuse to take two days to get to Brooklyn, NY. Camping if the weather is nice. Super 8 if it isn't. Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
708 Posts
heya, i'm right off 90 in central ny between syracuse and utica, you can camp in my yard if you're into the great outdoors thing lol theres a number of decent roads in the area depending on what your looking for if its along a weekend you're welcome to crash here

·
Registered
815 Posts
Not sure why you'd go north east, unless you really want to see NY state. Pick some roads in PA that roughly parallel I-80 and I think you'll have a fantastic trip. Even from Toronto Canada, I have on a couple occasions detoured down into northern PA to head east.

88 out of Cleveland,
PA358,
62 to Oil City and on to 666, to 6 at Sheffield. East on 6, although I have found 6 to be very busy with trucks at times...

or 88,
PA358,
666 through Alleghany Forest,
948 Ridgeway,
120 east to Emporium, LockHaven
220 to Williamsport then Hughesville,
You get the idea.

You probably know already, but PA has some great motorcycling roads.

Now you've got me itching for a trip.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Un huh

Not sure why you'd go north east, unless you really want to see NY state. Pick some roads in PA that roughly parallel I-80 and I think you'll have a fantastic trip. Even from Toronto Canada, I have on a couple occasions detoured down into northern PA to head east.

88 out of Cleveland,
PA358,
62 to Oil City and on to 666, to 6 at Sheffield. East on 6, although I have found 6 to be very busy with trucks at times...

or 88,
PA358,
666 through Alleghany Forest,
948 Ridgeway,
120 east to Emporium, LockHaven
220 to Williamsport then Hughesville,
You get the idea.

You probably know already, but PA has some great motorcycling roads.

Now you've got me itching for a trip.
I concur. Beaucoup good roads in PA. I love riding down there.

·
Registered
708 Posts
just as many good roads in ny, don't have to slab it on 90, theres the really rural route5, or 80 and 88 along the southern portion of state, various routes threw the northland as well

·
Registered
21,983 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts