StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a conclusion of another thread i started, but I felt that this deserved a thread of its own due to how much it made me laugh with joy!

I recently posted on here, trying to fix my surging problem on the Vee after I changed the TPS. I figured out that it was the mapping, so on with trying different maps! I didn't like any of cheffs maps from his dyno, (go figure) and criscokid's map was ok. I used the later map from someone else's dyno with all the same stuff as my bike before I changed the tps and the map worked great.

I settled on Big B's map after using the map compare function, seeing that they did quite a bit of work on tuning it right and his setup is identical to mine other than being an 04'. I rode it around the neighborhood this morning and it felt great, smooth power with no surging anywhere and I felt like it did feel a bit stronger. I left for work this afternoon and got to the on ramp for the highway, which was backed up about 5 cars. I saw an opening coming up in the fast lane, so I decided I would go around the other cars in the far lane. Started going in first gear til I got out in the road and gunned it to speed up with traffic ( and grin :) .
My bike almost always lifts the front wheel when I hit it hard from slow or stop, I'm very used to that and I love it. But when I ht the throttle today my bike came ALL THE WAY UP through the entire first gear and finally sat down halfway through second at 65! I have TRIED to do this before and not succeeded w/o getting scared, (I'm not the stunting type) but this was all a power wheelie! To add to the awe of that, I literally just filled my tank 3 miles before and had my tank bag on with my lunch! Another jaw drop here for you, I'm running a 140/60 tire on the back that's only 2000 miles new!

Needless to say, I have found my perfect map, and I honestly don't care if my gas mileage goes down below 40. (As long as it doesn't go below 35) I never knew a map could make this big of a difference in power. On top of that, it rides smooth, no stumbling, no surging, and only a bit of backfire, which I don't mind. I'm sold on this. I hope all of you find a map or farkle for your bike that makes you as happy as this one did to me. Mind you though, YMMV, everyone's bike is set up differently.

I just felt that I needed to share this with everyone :D

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
I wish I had read this earlier.

I just saw Big B this morning, he's on the road headed home, he'll appreciate to see this.

He's a great guy and happy to be back on a DL1000.

·
Administrator
16,982 Posts
AWESOME!!!!

Wow this post is a nice surprise, and is also very good timing due to me needing my old map!!!! :mrgreen: My 06 runs pretty well but is a tad bit lean, so I will be getting a PCIII soon and want my old map "which I no longer have". Can ya hook a brotha up? And yeah I had a blast staying with Norm, he is good people! :yesnod:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow this post is a nice surprise, and is also very good timing due to me needing my old map!!!! :mrgreen: My 06 runs pretty well but is a tad bit lean, so I will be getting a PCIII soon and want my old map "which I no longer have". Can ya hook a brotha up? And yeah I had a blast staying with Norm, he is good people! :yesnod:
Sure thing Big B, I absolutely love this map and I haven't needed to toy with it at all. I've noticed though, you need to make sure to set your boost pressure at max all the time, or flames won't shoot out of your pipes.

FYI, this took hours to find the right map the first time.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/attachments/dl-1000-%5B-vee%5D/2198d1184768033-pciii-maps-dl1000-m311-bigb_v2-zip

·
Administrator
16,982 Posts

·
Administrator
16,982 Posts
You might want to use Criscokid's map instead though, as your bike is now a post-ECU recall (late 05' to 06'), but do whatever makes it run right!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
The whole ECU recall is bogus IMHO, some who have done it noticed little to know difference even with the new ECU. Mine is pretty good for the most part, just needs a bit of fine tuning is all. I have the Criscokids maps, I will give that a try first more than likely, or just go with the one from Fuelmoto first.

·
Administrator
16,982 Posts
I'm new to motorcycles, what do you guys mean by maps?
Fuel mapping, it is the program used by the bike computer to add or decrease fuel throughout the RPM range and power load. A Power Commander or more popularly know as a PCIII or PCV is an add on fuel module that works on top of the stock fuel map. You can play around with the fuel ratios and fine tune your engine to runs its best.....or worst. :mrgreen:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts