StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Cat Herder
2,481 Posts
For me, every day is ride to work day. As long as there is no snow/ice on the road.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I ride to work any day I can. better parking lol :thumbup:
I try too as well. However this year our child care solution makes it impractical for me to ride on Tuesdays and Thursdays(wife has to work late) as it would be a lot of wasted time to ride home, get my truck and then go pick the kids up.

Oh well.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Since I got my Wee three months ago, I've ridden it to work every weekday except two. I'll admit it's pretty easy to ride where there are 300 sunny days a year:yesnod:.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
I would ride to work, but since my company's work was outsourced to China, and I got laid off. I don't have a job any more. So how about I just ride around and call it work.

·
Cat Herder
2,481 Posts
Since I got my Wee three months ago, I've ridden it to work every weekday except two. I'll admit it's pretty easy to ride where there are 300 sunny days a year:yesnod:.
300 cloudy days here... :thumbdown:

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
No thank you. The one or two days I ride to work I always remember why I don't ride to work. It takes 50% longer to get to work (I'm not riding the DC Beltway), plus I'd have a destination and a time requirement. When I ride I want no outside pressures on my mind. If I'm on a bike I'm in recreation mode, not work mode.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Same here

I would ride to work, but since my company's work was outsourced to China, and I got laid off. I don't have a job any more. So how about I just ride around and call it work.
I would happily ride to work; I always did. I'd even feel good about paying taxes.

·
Registered
117 Posts
No thank you. The one or two days I ride to work I always remember why I don't ride to work. It takes 50% longer to get to work (I'm not riding the DC Beltway), plus I'd have a destination and a time requirement. When I ride I want no outside pressures on my mind. If I'm on a bike I'm in recreation mode, not work mode.
While I don't blame you for not wanting to ride the DC Beltway to work, I actually find myself in a better mood when I get to ride vs having to take my truck. Plus, that is the majority of my riding, I don't get a lot of just because riding, but I'm trying to increase that.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I feel for ya. March 09 I got laid off of my job of 12.5 years, with the initial plan of using more India offshore programmers. Turns out the parent organization didn't like the fact they dumped a ton of long term employees, withdrew the money they were supposed to use to setup the increased outsourcing, and then sold the company off.

Menwhile, after 5 months I got a new job, making more money, doing something more substantial with my skills (working for a medical device company startup that is doing some really innovative stuff vs working on accounting software), within 5 months of this new job, got promoted and another raise. Oh, I also used the remainder of my severance (got a very generous package) to buy my Wee!

My point is, while it sucks to have that happen to you, it could end up for the best, it did for me, and from what I hear out of my former company, those of us that got laid off were the lucky ones.

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
I ride a bike almost every day, weather permitting. I don't understand why some people need an excuse or reason to ride or need someone to ride with. I've had people say "Haven't had the bike out for a few months. Maybe I should get it out and we could go for a ride sometime." Yeah, right.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
I ride to work almost every day (110 miles round trip). My buddy and I have a little contest going on to see who rides the most. He has a 2004 R6 (that he bought new in 2005) and he just turned over 30,000 miles on it. I have a 2008 Weestrom (that I bought new) with 19,600 miles on it. I think that I'm going to catch him! :thumbup:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Every day is ride to work day from mid/late March to late October/early November.

For the rest of the year, some would say I'm just not dedicated enough. Those people apparently haven't ridden at -40 through 3-4 feet of snow and ice. When the rain starts freezing to your face shield, it's time to stop for coffee.

·
Administrator
13,729 Posts
I ride to work every day unless there is snow on the roads. It's a 72 mile round trip if all I do it ride there and back. (Strangely, a lot of the time my ride home is more than double the distance as my ride to work.)

..Tom

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
LowAndSilent said:
....every day is ride to work day.
Same here.
Third that...unless I have errands to run afterward that require picking up other people, or going to pick up something that won't fit on the bike.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I guess the point has been missed here.....

This RTWD is to open the eyes of non riders, to help educate them on the positives of motorcycling. More bikes on the road may start them thinking.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts