StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Start in Washington State ( Meeting place in Burlington). Head through the Cascade mountain range to Idaho. Through the Rocky mountains to Montana. Destination Glacier National Park. The plan is to stay close to the US /Canada border. Camping . Will give more info in the future. Who's interested ? Planning for Aug 7 - Aug 14 2004

LOOK FOR MORE INFO UNDER EVENTS

Scooter

P

·
0 Posts
Montana Ride

hey Scooter,
Sounds like a great ride - Highway 20 is supposed to be one of the best "Destination Highways". You're heading to Waterton Park and camping along the way? I'd be interested if I could get the time off. Lets keep in touch.
P.

W

·
0 Posts
Speed trap

tedder said:
Highway 20 over the cascades is beautiful. Watch your speed in the towns, especially west of Ross Lake.
Be particularly careful going through the town of Concrete. It's an infamous speed trap.

Bill

W

·
0 Posts
Washington North

19-Jun-04 I woke up in Twisp, WA after a ride over the North Cascades (DH1) the afternoon before. Instead of continuing on Hwy 20, I headed up North to Oroville (Recommendation: Peerless Restaurant, Ken Neal, owner). From Oroville, I headed East to Chesaw and Curlew (DH11).

What a fantastic ride. The temp. was about 75 deg. in the valleys and absolutely no traffic. I didn't have even one car in front or in back of me for the entire distance. I think only a half a dozen cars passed by going in the opposite direction.

I wanted to go to Curlew Lake so I headed South towards Republic. From there I continued East on Hwy 20 to Kettle Falls, Colville, and Tiger (DH13, DH14, & (DH73, TE-A)). I ended up on a friends float-home on Lake Pend Oreille, Idaho. What a perfect day! Beautiful country, beautiful curves. Wish I could join you on your trip.

Note: "DH" = Destination Highways (WA)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts