StromTrooper banner

Ride Time – The Illawarra Amble - 2nd – 4th Sept.

4558 Views 57 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  ockerstrom
V chops has offered to lead us around some of the roads in his backyard and with a little input from me (yes Ron that means there’ll be dirt), We’ve come up with a three day ride around the Illawarra and adjoining regions.

Day 1 – Friday 2nd Sept. – 327 ks approx. (from Newy)
Ride will officially start at the Scarborough Hotel @ 0930/1000 am for a latte :yesnod:., but I’ll be leaving Newcastle @ around 06.00 am to meet AstroBob @ Kariong @ around 07.15.
From Scarborough the route will be something along the lines of Macquarie Pass, Robertson, Berrima, Wombeyan Caves, Taralga.
Staying at the Argyle Inn.

Day 2 – Saturday 3rd Sept. – 207 ks approx.
Taralga, Bannaby, Marulan, Windellama, Sassafras, Jerrawangala, Sussex inlet.
Staying at Sussex Shores

Day 3 – Sunday 4th – 177ks approx.
Sussex inlet, Nowra, Berry, Fitzroy Falls, Belmore Falls, Carrington Falls, then Albion Park and the Gong, where the ride will end officially (Bob and I will be heading back to Dons to help sort out his Gps/computer issues)

All are welcome, whether that be for all 3 days or just for 1 or 2.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

· Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bugger, I won't make it. I don't get from the USA until 2nd Sept.
I will miss this great ride too as we will be down in warm & sunny (not) Winton for round 4 of Formula Xtreme (where u should be Ron:fineprint:) LOL
arrh well thats Life :headbang:, hopefully you guys can make a central west (Cobar) ride I've got planned for the Oct long weekend, which I'll post up once I get the route sorted.

· Registered
4,397 Posts
So what sort of dirt are we talking Muddy?
Dirt roads or fire trails and rocks?
[maybe on the KLR? I can crash it without crying :green_lol:]
I'd much rather take the Wee though. :thumbup:

I wouldn't mind getting in on it, depends on work/$/and "other things" that are complicating life at the moment.

· Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So what sort of dirt are we talking Muddy?
Dirt roads or fire trails and rocks?
[maybe on the KLR? I can crash it without crying :green_lol:]
I'd much rather take the Wee though. :thumbup:

I wouldn't mind getting in on it, depends on work/$/and "other things" that are complicating life at the moment.
I be honest Ock, I have no idea, only section I've actually ridden myself is Nerriga Rd/Turpintine Rd. But I'd be thinking most of it will be gravel and Forestry roads.
Maybe best to ask Chops when he gets back from up North, or Rod C (or others from down that way) may wish to comment, if he's lurking

· Registered
4,397 Posts
I be honest Ock, I have no idea, only section I've actually ridden myself is Nerriga Rd/Turpintine Rd. But I'd be thinking most of it will be gravel and Forestry roads.
Maybe best to ask Chops when he gets back from up North, or Rod C (or others from down that way) may wish to comment, if he's lurking
Thanks Muddy, I'm looking at google earth for roads in the area to get an idea.

What is the plan with accommodation?
I see where you are planning on staying, splitting rooms or individual rooms?

· Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

· Registered
534 Posts
V chops has offered to lead us around some of the roads in his backyard.

Day 1 – Friday 2nd Sept. – Robertson, Berrima, Wombeyan Caves, Taralga.
Staying at the Argyle Inn.

Since I have this day off, I'll put my hand up for this bit

Day 2 – Saturday 3rd Sept. – 207 ks approx. Taralga, Bannaby, Marulan, Windellama

And this bit too! :mrgreen:

Day 3 – Sunday 4th – 177ks approx.
Sussex inlet, Nowra, Berry, Fitzroy Falls, Belmore Falls, Carrington Falls, then Albion Park and the Gong, where the ride will end officially (Bob and I will be heading back to Dons to help sort out his Gps/computer issues)

Unfortunately all of this bit is out, since I'm working Sunday :headbang:

All are welcome, whether that be for all 3 days or just for 1 or 2.
I'll meet you at Robertson, Berrima is just too short a day, maybe I'll even ride to the bottom of the Pass :confused: or just be sitting at the pie shop, latte in hand waiting :green_lol::green_lol:

· Registered
534 Posts
will be good to catch up DL :thumbup:
I'll be coming along two up now Glenn, Jas would like to join me, and to catch up with all your ugly faces :yikes: she hasn't seen since Bright :mrgreen:

· Registered
530 Posts
I'll be coming along two up now Glenn, Jas would like to join me, and to catch up with all your ugly faces :yikes: she hasn't seen since Bright :mrgreen:
Looking forward to catching up but she does know there's a chance Ron might be there?:yikes::green_lol:

:cheers2:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.