Strom Trooper banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody up for a ride this Sunday? Looks like the weather should be pretty good. I'm not exactly sure where to go, so if you have a good destination or route, post it up! I just want to stay away from the snow!

The only place we will not be visiting is Taco Time in Newberg.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I'm in.

We need to stress test that new saddle you got.

Anyone have a jump off point or an idea of route. I think I'd like to see around 200 miles of wear on my tires.

Can we just throw rocks at the Newburg taco time as we fly by? Never mind they would probably serve them to the coustomers.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
we could take 26 to seaside and north to astoria and then 30 back and jump in ranier to washington and around. or Seaside to tillamook and around to salem.

Im thinking 4-6 hours in the saddle, maybe meet for breakfast or coffe before we go?

I think the valley will keep us out of snow. If everyone just wants to square off a tire we could roll to Eugene and back.

Whats everyone think?

as long as I'm home before dark I am good.

We could also do some geocacheing, I could pull 3-5 caches for use to go out and search for. David wont roll gravel so I think we should wait the gravel backwoods for closer to summer.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
dont know about snow. its been snowing all day here at my house.

If your an old D&D guy we could just grab a 4 sided and roll our directions.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
26 has snow on the sides at the rest stop near MP 30. I'll take a look at the cameras late tomorrow and see what things look like then. I'm guessing it should be warming up in the coast range. I've been wanting to go to Fort Stevens in Astoria and checkout the sites. I'm also down for geocaching.

·
Registered
541 Posts
we could take 26 to seaside and north to astoria and then 30 back and jump in ranier to washington and around. or Seaside to tillamook and around to salem.

Im thinking 4-6 hours in the saddle, maybe meet for breakfast or coffe before we go?

I think the valley will keep us out of snow. If everyone just wants to square off a tire we could roll to Eugene and back.

Whats everyone think?

as long as I'm home before dark I am good.

We could also do some geocacheing, I could pull 3-5 caches for use to go out and search for. David wont roll gravel so I think we should wait the gravel backwoods for closer to summer.
Instead of 26 all the way to the coast you should cut over 47 to Vernonia, 202 to Jewel and Astoria.

Sorry to butt in but I lived by Astoria for 9 yrs and that's one of my favorite rides.

·
Registered
409 Posts
On the fence.... Waiting to see what time you guys decide to meet up. I'll need to head out of town around 2:00pm. Could meet up and ride until I need to head back. I'll be watching for updates.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'll be riding home from an overnighter on Long beach peninsula on sunday morning. I will keep my eyes peeled for you'se. I might take the Washington side to Lewis and Clark bridge or Hwy 30. The road from Vernonia to Astoria is nice but watch out for decreasing radius turns. One almost got me there.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
If were going to do this we need to get organised.

I say we plan on mustering up no later than 10am somewhere in the portland metro area. A place to grab a cup of coffee and a danish would be nice, Discuss the route and head out by 10:30.

I suggest either the PDX to coast north and around or the Lake merwin washington loop. Or super slab to like Eugene or Seattle.

The other option is to pick a destination or 3.

Can I get some input?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If were going to do this we need to get organised.

I say we plan on mustering up no later than 10am somewhere in the portland metro area. A place to grab a cup of coffee and a danish would be nice, Discuss the route and head out by 10:30.

I suggest either the PDX to coast north and around or the Lake merwin washington loop. Or super slab to like Eugene or Seattle.

The other option is to pick a destination or 3.

Can I get some input?
That BBQ in astoria that was mentioned sounds good for lunch (if interested). I haven't seen the coast in while. And I don't recall ever seeing most of highway 30 much past st helens.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Ok Coast run it is.

Whats our Muster point?

I'll hook up with Big Dave here near Oregon City then collect up Little David near Sellwood.

Lets eat something before going out that way we arent fratically looking for the worst mexican food on the planet.

So 26 to seaside or Vernonia and down to Astoria? either way we can decide when we hit astoria how we are comming back.

Woot

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok Coast run it is.

Whats our Muster point?

I'll hook up with Big Dave here near Oregon City then collect up Little David near Sellwood.

Lets eat something before going out that way we arent fratically looking for the worst mexican food on the planet.

So 26 to seaside or Vernonia and down to Astoria? either way we can decide when we hit astoria how we are comming back.

Woot
How about noahs bagels in Beaverton town square? I don't know of much for coffee shops besides Starbucks, which there is also one in the same lot. This is off highway 217 just south of 26.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
How about noahs bagels in Beaverton town square? I don't know of much for coffee shops besides Starbucks, which there is also one in the same lot. This is off highway 217 just south of 26.

Cool, Easy access to the freeway, big parking lot.. works for me. 10?

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm hoping I can join y'all, now that you've got it scheduled. I'll be starting in Milwaukie, but I'll link up with you at Noah's Bagels at 10. About 90% sure I can make it, and look forward to meeting you guys.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 48 Posts