StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Nestled in the heart of the majestic Texas Hill Country are three county roads (335,336,and 337) that bikers affectionately named “The Three Sisters”. They are challenging, tricky, and a little twisted. You'll have to ride all three to find out which one is your favorite....... The Three Sisters or 'Twisted Sisters' keep bikers coming back almost every week of the year."

http://www.droseinn.com/ is a good place to stay and if we get enough people we can get one of the cabins. We can also camp if the weather is nice, this would be ideal for me.

I would like to do a 2-3 day ride around the hill country which will include some great Texas food, music, and most importantly roads. I want to do this sometime in December before Christmas preferably the weekend of the 13th 14th or the next... I am free during the week so if there is interest then we can pick a time. Anyone up for it? By the way, this is my first attempt to organize a ride so any help would be appreciated. I have no GPS so I can't post that up but I plan on researching some routes the good ole fashioned paper and road way.
-Kenny

·
Registered
453 Posts
Kenny,
Near by in Junction, TX there is a DS ride held on April 25, 26 & 27.
It is called Texas Adventure Ride-08. Richard Gibbens puts this great ride together. The Three Sisters plays a good part in it. Richard has put out a riders guide, in pains taking detail w/ pics, for all riders & it has about a dozen really fun rides. You can get more info at, texasadventure.net
The entire town turns out w/ good motel rates & good food.
I went last year on my DL-650 & surprised a lot of KLRs.
I am planning of a return trip this coming April.
Poncho

1 - 2 of 2 Posts