StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on taking a ride down to Louisville KY this summer to visit my sister. I am not familiar with Kentucky at all and was wondering if there are any great places to ride in the Louisville area.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
I am planning on taking a ride down to Louisville KY this summer to visit my sister. I am not familiar with Kentucky at all and was wondering if there are any great places to ride in the Louisville area.

Thanks
Fort Knox and the George Patton Museum to the southwest at Ft. Knox, KY. Mammoth Cave further to the southwest at Cave City, KY. Abraham Lincoln's Birthplace at Hodgenville, KY just northeast of Mammoth Cave.

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
If you like Burbon there are several distilleries not too far from Louisville (they have tours, gift shops, and samples). Jim Bean, Heaven Hill (both are near Bardstown), and Makers Mark (in Loretto). Closer to Frankfort are Buffalo Trace, Four Roses, Woodford Reserve, and Wild Turkey.

Fort Knox is also very close. Haven't been there in a while but the Patton Museum was nice.

Then there is the KY Horse Park near Lexington.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
If you like Bourbon there are several distilleries not too far from Louisville (they have tours, gift shops, and samples). Jim Bean, Heaven Hill (both are near Bardstown), and Makers Mark (in Loretto). Closer to Frankfort are Buffalo Trace, Four Roses, Woodford Reserve, and Wild Turkey.

Fort Knox is also very close. Haven't been there in a while but the Patton Museum was nice.

Then there is the KY Horse Park near Lexington.

Hope this helps.
I'm with them, been to Woodford, lovely surrounding horse country :thumbup: Also the trip east from Lexington towards Maysville etc. is pretty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts