StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,
I was talking to a buddy of mine about my trip to Alaska ( leaving on May16th) and he has been going on about this goop that you put into your tires in case you get a nail or screw or whatever. Anyway he had some un opened bottles and I decided to buy them off of him, in haste.. lol... I haven't put it in the tire yet, wanted to know if anybody has had any experience's with either this specific product or any others. Is it bad for my tires? I have read a bit of the propaganda on their site but would like to hear from you guys first. I have the TKC 80's on.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
I recently switched to RideOn with my last set of tires. I was using Dynabeads before that.

The product works as described when it comes to balancing your tires, and keeping the air pressure more constant. I switched to RideOn because I got 3 flats in under 2 month, and the beads were getting expensive.

When this tires wear out, I am going to take the drill to them to see how good RidoOn works at sealing punctures.

Like I said, its excellent at balancing the tires, and they loose no air pressure with time. I will buy it again just for this benefits, if it works at sealing a tire then that's a plus!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is probabaly a silly question, but I just had the rear TKC80 mounted this weekend and noticed to balance, the shop added some weights to the rim. If I do install Ride On, should I remove the weight's?

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
No, you want to add RideOn to a well balanced tire. That is according to their instructions. I have it on my Pilot Powers and on my 5th wheel tires. Both were well balanced before RideOn and will never need balancing again.

Now with Dynabeads, you remove the weights. I am sure that RideOn would work well with out the weights as well, but why mess with it.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I added Ride-On to my OEM tires and kept the weights. When I changed tires, I took off the weights and relied on the Ride-On to take care of balancing. Both situations worked fine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
ride-on

I've been using Ride-on for number of years, first with Honda ST1300 and now the WEE, have not had flat, tire pressure holds better and at tire changing time there is not a lot of mess.

ride safe and enjoy,
brad

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I've been running RideOn for a while and haven't had any issues. I can't tell any difference between having the weight on or off. I've never had a puncture, so I have no idea how well it works, but I do like the idea of giving it a try before I swap on the next tire. I do know that I have managed really good mileage out of my rears with the stuff in them, but whether that is me or the product, I don't know.

I always carry a little tire plug kit under my seat with the air compressor, just in case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts