StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone keen from the brisbane/northern NSW/gold coast area on riding this sun??? some of the roads and tracks we went on on the overnighter would be ssweeeeeeet. Maybe some of the roads we didnt cover???

:thumbup::yesnod:

·
Registered
608 Posts
I was thinking of a Sat/Sun ride but not planned as yet.

A big Sunday would be good with an early start.

Possibly down through White Swamp and then Paddy's Flats. (Condamine probably too much water for the river crossings after White Swamp). Will think about it more after work.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Cant make it Sunday but if anyone is interested a couple of us heading out Saturday. Condamine gorge, Marylands nat park to Ballandean tavern for lunch then back via Mcmahons rd, Bruxner, Drake and paddy flat.

I will be riding my KTM. If The water is a bit high for the stroms in the gorge you could scoot over Spring Ck and we would meet you in KIllarney.

Could meet in Beadesert at around 8am.
Let me know if your interested.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Yeah, baby, yeah!

I'm in for that, McGuyver.

Couple Q's:

1. From Beaudesert are you going down White Swamp to get over to Condamine Gorge?
  2. Where is Mcmahons Road? Can't find on Google Maps.

OR

Just tell me "lots of gravel" and I'll follow along, who cares where.

Meeting in Beaudesert, where? Perhaps at the Caltex service station, just south of the traffic lights, Telemon St (heading toward Rathdowney), on the left, with a Driver Reviver stall, next to Jubilee Park? NOT the Caltex as you come into town from the north.

@RTliney - can you do the Saturday ride? If not, we can do another on Sunday.
@Mcguyver - can I email the 'gravel riders' to see if anyone else wants to come? If you prefer I don't, no worries. (I'd rate it a medium/fast ride, not for beginners.)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Steve
Lots of gravel.
had a brain Block its not MCmahons rd. Its Harigans lane. Runs off Mt Lindsay highway. Not shown on a lot of maps but is very scenic.

Yes will probably take white swamp to Condamine.
By all means invite others as long as they dont mind getting lost.

Meet you at the caltex servo 8am.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Yeah, baby, yeah!

I'm in for that, McGuyver.

@RTliney - can you do the Saturday ride? If not, we can do another on Sunday.
I get the impression Steve's enjoying his temporary batchelorhood :mrgreen:

While the cat's away....

Can't make this, too much to do before Christmas... :headbang:

Pete.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Steve and guy, i have no plans yet, 2 DAYS RIDING!!!! let me check with gf first. it will be all good. Im keen for either day, hopefully both

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will be there for the saturday ride. So is it the caltex that is near the hungry jacks or is it further down than that??

·
Registered
608 Posts
Yep, south ... ish.

I think there is only 1 set of traffic lights. the Caltex is just south of the lights next to the park by the Driver Reviver free coffee stand. There's another brand servo across the road.

if we are coming back through Paddys Flat I might overnight in Urbenville and do some more riding around on Sunday.

Hey pete, how are the repairs going?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Oh and I just remembered that there is a section on this ride after Killarney that gets a little wet and boggy. Dont think it will be a problem and we should get the stroms through ok but you will get wet feet.

·
Registered
868 Posts
This weekend

Depending on your plans for Saturday night, if you are near my place and want to camp over the night let me know. I am only 8kms out of Urbenville so if you do decide to camp at my place and need a beverage or 2 it is not to far to go for supplies:auto:Depending on numbers I may even be able to crank the BBQ up for Dinner.

My bike is still in the shop: hopefully will here today on the progress and when I can pick her up.

Enjoy the ride

Cheers

·
Registered
608 Posts
Tx for the offer, BrettStrom.

Can't decide whether to take the tent or stay at the pub. With river crossings I risk drowning the tent & sleeping bag if I fall over mid-stream. And it's all extra weight to cart around.

Thinking ... thinking ...

·
Registered
868 Posts
Tx for the offer, BrettStrom.

Can't decide whether to take the tent or stay at the pub. With river crossings I risk drowning the tent & sleeping bag if I fall over mid-stream. And it's all extra weight to cart around.

Thinking ... thinking ...
Anyhow, if your at the pub let me know and I'll come in for a couple. Looks like I will be picking th bike up tomorrow.

cheers:thumbup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry boys, can't make it now. I am going to drive to Melbourne to pick up my new bike, a DR650. Gutted I can't come, but happy at the same time.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Go Stu! New DR650, woo hoo!

I'll probably can the overnight plan and just do the Saturday. Am I allowed to decide on the day? Really? Cool.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts