StromTrooper banner

Ride down to the Eastern Rally

931 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  badjuju 
#1 ·
I am wondering if there are any groups riding down for the rally from up north I could tag along with. I will be heading down from Ashland, KY.

#5 ·
Scott: I'm still on the fence for this event. Having some issues with spinal stenosis and not sure the ol' body is up for a 400 mile day in the saddle. I've done many rides in the KY/TN/NC region and I put together a route that's doable in 1 long day: just about 400 miles and slightly less than 8 hrs seat time, not including stops and unforeseen delays. I'd make a freeway run south on I-75 to exit 129 in TN, then follow US25W south to TN116 and follow it around the loop--called the Devil's Triangle--over Brushy Mtn through Frozen Head SP and the old Brushy Mtn prison where James Earl Ray spent this final days to Petros. Wiggle your way over to Lenoir City and take the Tellico Pkwy and ride along the Little Tennessee river, pick up TN360/Unicoi Turnpike in Vonore to the Cherhola Skyway and take that over to Iron Horse campground.

I'll keep you in the loop if/when I decide to attend the rally. Have a great time! Link to the proposed route:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/39....s0x885ec68d3e1d215f:0x4e6b39605932cd2!1m0!3e0

#6 ·
I've done almost that exact route, except in reverse. That Devils's Triangle ride is excellent. My only issue with it is that it's quite a lot of freeway riding. I don't mind a bit of super slab, but that's a bunch.

I hope you're able to make it to the rally.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.