StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
May ride

Hey Bumper,
Thanks for posting here. I want to join the ride.
Hopefully we can ride a few times this season. NEVA in August would be fun.
a bientot,
Danny C.

·
Registered
712 Posts
It would be nice if a group from the Ottawa region could join us.
Yes, it would be nice. The Barrie area ride may be on that weekend (or another, that's not settled yet I think). But this Ridadventure ride is only a little over two hours away from here, not three times that, and looks like fun. I noticed three routes shown (A, B, C?) for 2013. Different levels of off-road difficulty I assume?

I'm seriously thinking of attending.

The area is great. I lived up that way many years ago and I'd enjoy seeing it from a motorcycle. Be nice to ride with some of the Quebec riders too!

Marc

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Level A is for experienced riders with motorcycles made to go offroad, even if they have a licence plate. Level A is not for V-Stroms.

Level B is for good riders riding motorcycles with knobby tires and at least a skid plate. OK for a V-Strom but much easier with a KTM or a KLR.

Level C is mostly panoramic dirt roads for all riders with or without experience.

The riding is relaxed at all levels and this is not a ride for fast guys. Riders come to make new friends, help each other, and not to compete.

It's easy to get to the starting point in Mirabel using the 50, and then all rides head in the West direction.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Level A is for experienced riders with motorcycles made to go offroad, even if they have a licence plate. Level A is not for V-Stroms.

Level B is for good riders riding motorcycles with knobby tires and at least a skid plate. OK for a V-Strom but much easier with a KTM or a KLR.

Level C is mostly panoramic dirt roads for all riders with or without experience.

The riding is relaxed at all levels and this is not a ride for fast guys. Riders come to make new friends, help each other, and not to compete.

It's easy to get to the starting point in Mirabel using the 50, and then all rides head in the West direction.
Thanks

I'd like to think I'm capable of Level B, but without knobbies and a skid plate, looks like Level C is a better ride, safer for me and bike. Although I've been on some rough roads and trails with my Full Bore tires (and no skid plate - I have hit bottom a few times, but haven't broken anything, yet.)

I should make up my mind soon. Anyone else in Ottawa interested in heading out? Nice countryside and people out that way.

Also, there is no language issue. English, French, Joual and Franglais all work well. Ottawa Valley "English" might work, but that may be pushing it. I'll interpret for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts