StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been making my list for winter wrenching and decided to do a fork oil change and install a pair of Intiminators.

Last time I priced them out they were about $300. Apparently, Ricor is running a "Pre-Black Friday" sale right now. Intiminators for the Wee are on sale for $179. With 2 qts. of the correct fork oil and shipping, my out the door price was $220.

store.ricorshocks.com

Disclaimer - I have no connection to the company. Just thought I would pass this on if anyone was considering these.

Please, no posts that they don't work, I already dropped the $220 and placed the order....

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
Wow, $20 shipping (UPS ground) for just the pair of intiminators. Yeah, overall it's still a great deal but there's no way in hell UPS charges them $20 for that.

wished they had them for a VEE
Doesn't the Vee already have cartridge forks?

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
I really like the action of my Intiminators. I'd buy them again. That price is right.

The shipping charge is a rip off. Try telephoning them and ask about it.

You can use any 5 wt. fork oil. The Amsoil fork oil is very high quality, but you don't need two quarts. You can get one quart Amsoil (or any) fork oil and add some more from any source, including a pint or half-litre from a local store.

If you haven't renewed your fork oil in a while, it may be really grungy. My newer used strom had dirty fork oil. I drained it, flushed with some paint thinner, flushed again with hydraulic jack oil ('cuz it was the only way to buy a quart of cheap hydraulic oil), drained, then refilled with good fork oil.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Do not expect any customer service response from Ricor.

I have tried to contact them with a technical question concerning my Intiminators. They have refused to answer or acknowledge my emails or phone calls. Their phone system only allows voice mail - they don't return calls. I have been unable to talk with a live person.

I have given up trying.

Ron :furious:

·
Registered
182 Posts
I should get my Intiminators in time to install this weekend, so I'm just going through the procedure in my head so I can make sure I have everything I need.

I installed 0.90 springs a couple years ago and can't remember if I cut the spacer down (I don't think I did though). I'm guessing I'll go back to the stock springs with the Intiminators installed (I weigh 175 before gear, almost always have three givi cases on, and often two up, passenger is 120).

Does anyone by chance know how long the stock spacer is so I can measure mine when I take it out?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do not expect any customer service response from Ricor.

I have tried to contact them with a technical question concerning my Intiminators. They have refused to answer or acknowledge my emails or phone calls. Their phone system only allows voice mail - they don't return calls. I have been unable to talk with a live person.

I have given up trying.

Ron :furious:
Found this using a google search.

It was probably me that dropped the ball in getting back to you. Sorry about that. If you get voice mail it us usually because we are already on the phone with customers and if there is some sort of buzz on the internet it is hard to believe the response we get. I've been working on my system for follow up calls but obviously it need improvement.

Did you get your question answered?

BTW. I did a search for your name in my e-mail box and nothing came up around the time of your post or a few months earlier so it looks like I'm not getting those.

Here is my personal Cell 805-896-0669.

Brian

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ricor customer service

It sounds like Ricor is working hard at customer service.

I know that when I got my Intiminators, I had the early model, before Ricor had made some changes in the shim stack. Ricor was quite responsive to my email inquiries and updated the shim stack without charge, and covered the shipping (one way).

For a small business trying to keep up with a large volume of email, I think they do fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts