StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received Ricks Rear Rack - Nice piece of work and comes with top shelf hardware. It's going to be multi-purpose for my use. Mount a soft bag when I just need that much storage, mount a pelican clone when I need more storage and more security, and then a place to put my coffee cup, when stopping for a break.

Thanks Rick for supporting the forum with your great accessories.
George

Attachments

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Looks like a great rack! Wish something like this had been around when I was looking for my '15 DL650.

How do you attach your Pelican clone?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like a great rack! Wish something like this had been around when I was looking for my '15 DL650.

How do you attach your Pelican clone?
Test fitting now - I'll go with the method many use on forums - drill 4 holes on the bottom of the case that line up with existing (or new) holes on the rack - closer to the edge then the middle for stability. Then bolt through the bottom of the rack with a rubber washer in between the rack and the box (stop any buzzing and keep out any random water) - and finally a fender washer and nylon lock nut in the box. You can use a couple of wing nuts in the box to make on and off a little quicker (2 lock nuts, 2 wing nuts).

There are many other ways using clip system and slide on channel material and others...- but I want to keep it as simple as possible.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got around to installing the box. Ended up using an Apache 3800 (pelican 1450 clone). Big enough for my needs.
Basic install as mentioned in previous thread

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts