StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Vendor
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes, its 2014 and we are still going strong....

Not all fork braces are created equal. In side by side comparisons on identical V-Stroms our brace performed noticeably better than the "you-know-what"-brace. Cheaper, better, faster, that's why over 5,000 V-Strom owners have chosen our brace.

See our website for ordering using a credit card or Paypal. http://www.adventuretech.biz/

Here's Ramjet's ready for delivery:

Here's mine installed on my bike. The first two people that saw it independently said "it looks like it came that way."

The two white lines in this next photo are just flash effects.

Installation instructions are posted on our website - Fork Brace Instructions - AdventureTech, LLC.

Hundreds of reviews can be found here Rick's Fork Brace (Adventure Tech)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've been happy with my RR fork Brace as well as Mirror Extenders and newly installed lowering links. Thanks for a great set of products Rick!

·
Vendor
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First ever fork brace sale!

Regularly $85, now just $70 for a limited time.

We made the braces at the request of the community. this was right in line with our goal of addressing over priced items and holes in the accessory market. As mentioned above, in side by side comparisons on identical bikes these braces work better. More contact surface area on the tubes and better decisions about tolerances and where to put them.

Now we are competing against Chinese copies of those original over priced items.

Made in the USA. Works better. $70

AdventureTech, LLC. - Home

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I have had my Richland Rick's fork brace and peg lowering kit for about 2 years now. Money well spent. Very happy with his products.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I just took the leap and ordered my RR brace. Now for me, it will be more than a 10 minute install. It might take me that long just to set the torque wrench I have to borrow. And what does the axle pinch bolt get for torque, anyway?
Anyway, wish me luck. I appreciate that.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Forgive my ignorance but what is the benefit of the brace? How long is the sale on? I haven't had my bike long and want to ride it some before adding stuff. Stupid weather!

·
Vendor
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is an explanation of "how" a fork brace works. Frequently Asked Questions - AdventureTech, LLC.

More importantly than how is "what" a fork brace does. Comments like "my bike now handles like it's on rails," "much less affected by cross winds," holds a straight line on the highway better," and "no longer fear tar snakes." are every common" comments after installing our brace.

Now $59.95 and we have an option for 6 months same as cash through Paypal. We can usually ship several items for one low shipping charge. Also, we look at the shipping charge on four items or more to see if it can be lower than the cart calculated.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Saw the new price and had to order the Fork Brace.

Then I figured I might as well get the Mirror Extenders (w/ one farkle extension), Front Axle Tool & Footpeg and Control Lowering kit while I was at it.

I think I'm in trouble.....I haven't even had my Vstrom for a week yet! :eek:

·
Registered
499 Posts
I was going to install mine yesterday (sucks i missed the price cut!!!) and I noticed that my brake lines were installed in such a way they stick out between the top of the fork. Is there any risk of these brake lines being smashed by the brace under a large compression? I know there was an ABS issue on the pre 2012's but this is the actual brake hoses.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I noticed that my brake lines were installed in such a way they stick out between the top of the fork. Is there any risk of these brake lines being smashed by the brace under a large compression? I know there was an ABS issue on the pre 2012's but this is the actual brake hoses.
If you're worried, just mount the brace closer to the fender rather than at the top of the fork leg on a Glee. Just make sure both sides are the same distance from the top. I've never seen a problem reported.

·
Registered
499 Posts
If you're worried, just mount the brace closer to the fender rather than at the top of the fork leg on a Glee. Just make sure both sides are the same distance from the top. I've never seen a problem reported.
I'm not sure if I know what you mean, there is only around 1 inch of room to move it up or down, isnt there?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I'm not sure if I know what you mean, there is only around 1 inch of room to move it up or down, isnt there?
Yes. One inch is a lot. Moving the top of the brace down 1/2" would allow room for brake hoses even if the fork leg dust cover contacts the lower triple clamp, which it does not.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My kind of Price : $59.95 Brace

Ordered one on Thursday and given the reasonable price, I picked up the peg lowering kit. Installation went well. Now I just have to read the installation instructions before I take the bike for a spin:fineprint:

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
just ordered

Finally got around to ordering a brace. Can't wait to install!

Soon, if I can just figure out what holes I want, I'll order the shelf as well.

Thanks for making such great products.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I was surprised that I actually noticed a major improvement. I was expecting less wallow and it felt like putting on a new set of tires. Holds a line much better, well worth it. The best farkles I've done were the sonic springs and the fork brace, made the bike into a carving machine compared to stock.

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

·
Registered
499 Posts
I installed my brace today, does this look ok as far as clearance for the brake lines? I dont really know how the front of the bike reacts when you hit a massive pot hole, i want to make sure those lines arent going to be smashed by the brace (perhaps some dealers setup the lines slightly different angles?)

1 - 20 of 73 Posts