StromTrooper banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is any compatability issues with using a folding shift lever and one of Rick's peg lowering kits. I love the lowering kit and I just want to make sure everything is compatable before ordering one.

Thanks in advance.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Not a problem.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
no problem but u do have adjust a bit more in terms of where shift lever sits.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The only problem with this guy is every time I try to buy something from him it is a quest for the right website. I can never locate the paypal application to order.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only problem with this guy is every time I try to buy something from him it is a quest for the right website. I can never locate the paypal application to order.
[email protected]

Just contact them via this email for a total price on the parts wanted and pay them using the same address.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Rick and Gloria are super quick to respond to email compared to other vendors and manufacturers. I have ordered just about everything he makes and have been super happy with their service and ease of purchase experience. If you are having problems then I highly doubt the problem lies with Rick or Gloria.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I've had both the Motorcycle Larry and Rick's peg lowering kits, and Rick's is far superior. I also have the Touratech folding shift lever, and it's not a problem with Rick's kit.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I've had both the Motorcycle Larry and Rick's peg lowering kits, and Rick's is far superior. I also have the Touratech folding shift lever, and it's not a problem with Rick's kit.
I have dragged my pegs on several occaisions, I could only see this as being worse if I lowered them....

not to mention toe-dragging..... :thumbdown:

·
38,103 Posts
Those who are dragging stock pegs, check your body position and your bike setup. If...

1. You are leaning your body into the turn even more the the bike
2. Your sag is properly adjusted
3. Your suspension is properly sprung for your weight
4. Your knees are not bent when straddling the bike to allow raising it

Avoid lowered footpegs.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have both lowered the bike with dogbone links and added the peg lowering kit. I have the suspension set to a stiff ride because of my weight. I have not yet dragged the pegs even in the most spirited riding. There seems to be plenty of lean angle with both of those lowering options together.

·
$tromtrooper [belated]
120 Posts
Those who are dragging stock pegs, check your body position and your bike setup. If...

1. You are leaning your body into the turn even more the the bike
2. Your sag is properly adjusted
3. Your suspension is properly sprung for your weight
4. Your knees are not bent when straddling the bike to allow raising it

Avoid lowered footpegs.
Greywolf, this doesn't sound right. But what would I know, I ride a sidecar.:confused:

·
38,103 Posts
I'd guess you are mainly questioning #1. Leaning the body into the turn allows the bike to be more upright than it would otherwise, providing more footpeg clearance. Motorcycle Safety Site

It's the center of mass of the bike and rider combination that determines the lean angle. Given a constant speed and turn radius, if the center of mass of the rider moves farther in, the center of mass of the bike moves farther out so the average of the two stays the same. That's why road racers get their bodies as far to the inside as they can to go as fast as possible without dragging hard parts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts