StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or better known as "What a difference an inch makes, and yes she said that too~!"

All joking aside, I ordered them on Thursday, and received it by Saturday..quick service~!! Helps being on the West Coast. Had a chance to put them on yesterday, along with my ebay levers.

The install was straight forward and very easy. The two most difficult parts was one, removing that damn little cotter pin..makes it tougher when you're trying to hold a flashlight in your mouth to see it. To make it worse, sustaining an injury when I yanked it out, and my hand slammed the flashlight that was now on the ground next to the bike. :furious: Second loosening that zip tie holding the wires together to get that extra bit of wire loose for the brake switch.

I sat on the bike with only one on to see if it made a difference. I was surprised on how one inch really does make a big difference. I come from riding and still riding my Burgman 400 for the last 4 years, which is akin to sitting in a Lazy Boy, but more bumpy, and moving onto my Wee which felt like I was a jockey in the 5th race at Santa Anita. Now I don't have long legs..I'm 5'11" but only a 30 inch inseam..and it gives me a much more relaxed feeling when riding, not all bunched up. I don't see how you tall guys with long legs do it~!! But if you want a little more leg space I'd highly recommend Richland Rick's lower kit~!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been running Richland Rick's peg lower units for a while, and they do make a huge difference for my knees, just that slight change in geometry.

I also have installed the mirror extenders, fork brace, and use his GPS mount. All the gear from Richland Rick is top notch.

Still waiting for his to sort out the larger foot print for the Vee side stand

:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
In reading the first post here and the busted knuckle cotter pin removal, here's a tip. The evil little cotter pin is behind the peg mount. Never mind trying to get it out with a mirror and bent needle nose pliers. I tried for a while. Then I removed the peg mount and swiveled it around on the rear brake master cylinder pushrod so it was in full view and easily accessible to pull out with proper pliers.

Cheers,
Glenn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts