StromTrooper banner

181 - 198 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Richland Rick's Fork Brace-Wow!

Count me in as another satisfied customer of Richland Rick. I ordered his fork brace, had it in a few days, installed it in minutes and am pleased with the product. It DOES improve the handling of my VEE, most noticeably at highway speeds and in the corners. Hard acceleration onto the highway and hard braking all show improvements. This is a worthwhile investment for any Vee Owner.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I noticed other brands of fork braces had sticky threads established years ago. I feel it's only fair to also stick an existing thread on the Adventure Tech brace, especially one with so many posts.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have to say that, as far as customer service is concerned, Rick has gone WAY beyond expectation. I messed up somehow and ended up ordering the earlier brace. He went out of his way to get me the part I needed. I have to give a big "THANK YOU"! I had the earlier brace on my 07, and it made huge improvement. I expect the new one to do the same.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I installed the fork brace on my 2012 650 last night. All the improvements I saw on my 2007 were there for the 2012: greatly improved stability in crosswinds (it was windy riding into work this morning), it holds a line better through a turn, noticeably less flex over rough pavement, especially in turns. This is the first mod I did to the bike, and it was well worth the money and 5 minutes install time.

·
Registered
824 Posts
made mention of the brace somewhere else and then found this thread
excellent product, easy install, he shipped it quick too
I feel a difference in cross winds and behind trucks on the road and notice a more planted feel in corners especially when there are bumps mid-way through
definite recommend getting one

·
Registered
36 Posts
I, too am a believer. I installed mine on Sunday, and noticed a spot of coolant on the garage under my car. Car has been in the shop since Monday. As a result, I've been "Strommuting" this week: mixed (mostly surface streets) riding, but I put in some slab miles too. I don't know if it's the "suggestion" effect, but it sure seems to make a difference in the wandering. The front end just seems more "planted", especially in those pesky grooved exit ramps. I also got the mirror extenders, and am quite pleased. The gear came very quickly in the mail. Great product! Great customer service!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I put one on my 2015 650. Not sure it makes a difference, but it doesn't hurt. I have the mirror extenders too. I was hoping for less wind buffeting. No difference. I think I likely wasted my money on both of these farkles.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I put one on my 2015 650. Not sure it makes a difference, but it doesn't hurt. I have the mirror extenders too. I was hoping for less wind buffeting. No difference. I think I likely wasted my money on both of these farkles.
some don't feel the fork brace difference
if the mirror extenders aren't on right they wont do much and your buffeting may be helmet related and bot much can help with that

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
The mirror extenders made a huge difference for me with being able to see properly in them. Without them Ijust see my shoulder. I didnt buy then expecting them to cure wind buffeting though.

The fork brace I didn't notice much difference but I dont ride all that aggresive. It did make a nice improvement on the interstate passing trucks and on windy days the bike didn't get tossed around nearly as much. Did you follow the instructions exactly when you installed it.. I ask because it seems like a straight forward install so I didnt read them... then realised a few days later that I had installed them incorrectly

·
Registered
105 Posts
I could see out of the mirrors fine without the extenders. And yes, I installed the brace properly. Nothing wrong with either item, I am just unable to really feel any benefit from either of them. I'd rather have the money I spent on them than the items themselves.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Add me in as another satisfied customer! I went back and forth on if I really needed a fork brace or not and I just got back from a 4000 mile trip 2up on a 2014 650 in some pretty serious winds. I must say it really helped in the high wind situations as well as just general slow handling while fully loaded. I always had a bit of a struggle at slow speeds when I was fully loaded prior. Anyways, one of my top adds.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you're asking how it installs: I simply shimmied the rear half into place, which took a bit of tapping with a very small mallet. This is because the tolerance is quite tight, but as long as one moves each end bi by bit, it snugs right into to place. Then the smaller "front" half attaches without incident. I've had his brace on my 09 Wee for a few months now, and appreciate this subtle but noticeable improvement, especially cornering at speed, and going over surface irregularities. Very little squirming, anymore.

·
Registered
15,067 Posts
I got a bike with bent forks and the brace looks like the one I got before. Since there are no names on them I dunno.
But! when I undid the brace I perceive that it is a bit tweaked (Sprung). Will I be good to go once I get new fork tubes and mount it up again?

·
Registered
56 Posts
My 2009 650 got it's brace a few weeks ago. Then I went off on a 1200 mile, three day ride. Lots of gusting, high wind. I'd been accustomed to some tense moments when gusts changed. But something was odd this time. Just establish the angle and hold it, very little buffeting. After a while, I remembered the new braces. I'm very pleased with the braces.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Did same on my 09 wee a few months ago also, I think it improved things. Curious why an add on like this isn't standard from factory and what a Suzuki engineer has to say about fork brace

·
Registered
56 Posts
I suspect that it is pure cost savings. Why isn't a center stand included? Why aren't the hand guards included? Costs very little as OEM.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I noted an improvement with tracking and line stability while leaned over in a curve at speed. I found it a worthwhile investment. A lot of bikes out there of all makes can benefit from such a brace.

181 - 198 of 198 Posts