StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my new Richland Rick's fork brace today and WOW what a difference in the way ole Scarlett handles. Very strong cross winds today in Central Ohio, crappy weather center of the universe, and she cut through the perpendicular winds like a hot knife through warm butter. I didn't get a chance to try any curvy roads but the bike seems to tract easier on rough roads and bumpy areas on freeway ramps.

The brace itself is a handsome piece of aluminum that fits perfectly and looks good too. Just align the top of the brace with the top of the forks, tighten the four bolts and go riding. I made a bigger deal of the installation than the instructions called for as I raised the front of the bike and loosened the pinch bolt; but even with my OCD the installation took just 15 min. Simply attaching the brace as is described in the instructions would take less than 5 min.

The brace is $85.00 shipped to your door in 2 days. What a bargain!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am also watching this and posted thismorning about the brace on VSRI. I am just glad i never bought a superbrace for a super hefty price tag.

Looking forward to spending more money this week.

Chris

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Fork Brace

I ordered a Richland Rick's fork brace yesterday. It appears well made, people are happy about it and with the money I saved over a super brace I can buy sonic springs (still a little nervous about installing those). I can't see a downside. More people are ordering though because when he first started selling lead time was 2-3 days now it's a week. Glad to see someone selling a nice product at a good price and doing well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just got mine in and installed it.
I couldn't agree more with Scarlett Harlot. Front end feels more secure through corners, it reacts better during braking and the bike no longer gets thrown around by the wind on the highway.

Apart from the improved handling, I should also mention the communication with the seller, which was excellent.

Thumbs up for both the product and service :-D

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Nice looking fork brace and Rick produces excellent products.

Stupid question: since the fork brace is not split in the middle of the fork tube how does it slide over the fork tube? Surely it does but how?

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
It is split. Look at the pic above, it's 2 pieces with 4 bolts joining them
Maybe I am missing something and I don't want to make a big deal but... the brace in the photo is not split in the middle or the widest point. How do you get the fork tubes in the holes of the largest piece?

I am sure it works because Rick does precision work with excellent products.

·
38,048 Posts
He's saying it isn't split in the exact center of the circle. The larger goes over the narrower tubes above the legs, then is lowered onto the legs, where is is a snug fit before the screws are installed.

·
Registered
322 Posts
So this'll fit on a 2k9 650, right? I'm just about positive that it will, but I obviously wanna know before I pull the trigger.

·
38,048 Posts
So this'll fit on a 2k9 650, right? I'm just about positive that it will, but I obviously wanna know before I pull the trigger.
I don't know what the 2 means, but the 650 brace will fit all 650 V-Stroms, K9 included.

·
38,048 Posts
No. K9=2009. There is no 2K9. Somebody made up DLK since K stands for Kilo which means 1000. It is not a Suzuki designation.

1 - 20 of 198 Posts