StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a fork brace and mirror extensions from Richland Rick last Wednesday. Paid by Paypal right away. The next day i emailed them to see if they got the payment as they didn't email me to say they got it.

Gloria told me she wasn't notified about the payment, but would send it out the next day. That should have been Friday.

Again no notice to confirm it was shipped.

Emailed them again yesterday, no reply. Just sent off another email.

Has anyone had issues with Richland Rick before? It has been a week and no confirmation of shipment yet. I wasn't expecting problems with this one. He has ads all over the place for his products.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Bought peg lowering kit, fork brace, and mirror extenders from Rick. Nothing but excellent service and super fast shipping. Maybe he has some pressing personal issues. Hope all is well with Rick and family.

·
Registered
201 Posts
In the past I've ordered the mirror extenders, no problems.
Just last week ordered the fork brace, arrived in 3 days, again no problems. Always been very pleased with them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ricks Fork Brace

I ordered a fork brace from Rick and it took a little while but it had a long way to go two different Post Offices, Customs, and a 24 hr wait from Paypal. It was worth every waiting minute. Rick and Gloria bent over backwords to fill my order. Great quality and a super price. Would do it in a heart beat again. Hope others take advantage of this great product. A Happy Canadian

·
Registered
526 Posts
I had a middle of the road experience....a little slower than some report. I figure there are far more serious things going on than the mirror extenders I'm fortunate enough to order. Some of the "cottage industry" shops have minor hiccups but I'll gladly deal with the minor delay to support them.

Very happy with the products and when we did communicate, it was top customer service. Hang it there, the items will arrive and I'll bet you'll be happy.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maybe he's riding?

It's warming up... maybe he's enjoying the ride???

I had a great exp with him when ordering fork brace and mirror extenders. He even offered free advice on the farkle mounting options that probably saved me $.

Patience is a virtue..?

·
Registered
875 Posts
You live in Canada, shipping takes a while. Be patient, it will arrive. And you'll be very happy with it.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
If I understands things rightly, Richland Rick does not run a Giant Corporation adorned with round-the-clock office staff delivering hourly batches of email replies.

Not unreasonable if he happens to "shoot through" for a week's riding or whatever. As a micro-business at a known address, there may be security implications if he publicly flags his absences. (For longer absences, I expect he would make special arrangements regarding customer inquiries.)
Or have I got the wrong idea?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The entire business Rick and Gloria. If they are away or have to take care of something, there can be a delay.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I've ordered the fork brace and peg lowering kit shipped to Canada. Unlike those in the US with 3 day shipping, it will take weeks to arrive here. Be patient, Rick's products are certainly worth the wait.

If you want faster shipping to Canada, the best way is to get it shipped to a US address just across the border and go pick it up, importing it yourself. For example the UPS Store in Ogdensburg NY will hold packages for a nominal fee, and they are about a minute and a half from the border crossing. Oh yeah, when you bring it in, declare full value and pay the tax on it. Don't smuggle it in. You'll be surprised how often you get to go straight through when you are honest up front.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah-

I have verified payment on an order placed with Rick on April 4th-and the shipment to Redding Ca. is not delivered....yet.

Hmmmm!!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I've ordered the fork brace and peg lowering kit shipped to Canada. Unlike those in the US with 3 day shipping, it will take weeks to arrive here. Be patient, Rick's products are certainly worth the wait.

If you want faster shipping to Canada, the best way is to get it shipped to a US address just across the border and go pick it up, importing it yourself. For example the UPS Store in Ogdensburg NY will hold packages for a nominal fee, and they are about a minute and a half from the border crossing. Oh yeah, when you bring it in, declare full value and pay the tax on it. Don't smuggle it in. You'll be surprised how often you get to go straight through when you are honest up front.
no offence, but how is a customs agent going to spot a brace installed on a set of forks? The only thing I declare is booze.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Homeland security has it give them a call,-Goverment Stromcontrol . Seriously Being a 2 person business myself, sometimes duty calls as in family or health issues that happens unexpectedly, and sometimes they are urgent. Rich has a stellar reputation for parts and service please be patient and I`m sure you will get the matter resolved. Doug/ Cycle-Works

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
They should have got you money in a few hours at the most. Check your P/P account, if they haven't claimed your $$, you may have done as I have and mis-spelled the pay to info.
Just cancel it and do another one.
They're great to deal with.

·
Premium Member
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yay, i got a reply. All is well. They just didn't email to say it had been shipped on the 13th.

Looking forward to trying these two items out. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I recently ordered a fork brace and mirror extenders from them. I found that the communication was quite poor. I emailed them 3-4 days after my order was placed to follow up, and they said that they should ship out the following day. Nothing for 3 more days, so I followed up again and found out that they had, in fact, been shipped. I received them shortly after that. Good products, good price, poor communication. No biggie. I would order from them again.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts