StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed Richland Ricks Peg Lowering Kit last night on my Wee:thumbup:
Took about an hour (might have been quicker if I wasnt eating a popsicle) 110 degrees in Vegas right now:mrgreen:
I have a set of Motorcyle Larrys peg lowering, and had them on this bike for 6 months before moving them over to my VEE.
This new product of Ricks is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!
No pigeon toeing to use brake or shift becasue the original mounts are just moved down, unlike the ML's kit of just moving the peg.
I could not use my Pivot Pegs with the ML kit and can use them again with Ricks kit.
I now will be ordering a kit for my VEE and 2 more for buddies WEE's
GOOD JOB RICK:hurray::thumbup:
Mike

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will post pics tonight.
I have the Motorcycle Larrys on my Vee, and will post pics of them too to show the differences.
I might put the two kits together and get some serious drop:jawdrop:
Mike

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I paid $50 for a hand to hand exchange.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Think they were 50 + shipping, so cheap and worth twice that:thumbup:
Mike

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Richland Ricks Peg Lowering kit with Powerpegz on DL650

Motorcycle Larry with stock peg on DL1000

Just put my order in for 2 more sets of Richlands kit Iliked them that much they are going on my DL1000 and buddies DL650
Mike

·
Registered
26 Posts
Received my peg & control lowering kit from Richland Rick today (ordered 3 days ago, arrived today... amazingly prompt, as usual). Beautifully engineered pieces that look like they could have come from a Suzuki factory. Install on my 2007 Vee went well, although the yoke for my foot brake--and specifically, the head of the pin that goes through the yoke--is right up against the heat shield of my right exhaust plumbing. Actually making modest contact. I don't believe it's enough to impede brake performance, but it's definitely touching. Has anyone else encountered this, and if so, how did you resolve?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ordered a fork brace, and peg lowering kit of Rick yesterday.
Cant wait to get them:hurray:

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Received my peg & control lowering kit from Richland Rick today (ordered 3 days ago, arrived today... amazingly prompt, as usual). Beautifully engineered pieces that look like they could have come from a Suzuki factory. Install on my 2007 Vee went well, although the yoke for my foot brake--and specifically, the head of the pin that goes through the yoke--is right up against the heat shield of my right exhaust plumbing. Actually making modest contact. I don't believe it's enough to impede brake performance, but it's definitely touching. Has anyone else encountered this, and if so, how did you resolve?
Joe- installed a set on an 06 a month or so ago. Didn't run into your problem but wound up trimming the spring to get the brake light to function properly. Both are probably adjustment issues but I took what seemed like the easy way out. VERY happy with the product. :yesnod:

·
Registered
779 Posts
I built my brackets more than a year ago. I welded a washer to my sidestand. It's time for Rick to start building a fat foot for Strom's sidetstands. I'm tired of being ahead of the curve.
I'm running his mirror extenders, forkbrace and wheel spacers.
Good stuff.

Les

·
Registered
26 Posts
Illinois--Interesting... my brake light works perfectly with the extension Rick provides in the kit, but the yoke/pin assembly is up so tightly against the heat diffuser of the right pipe that it hangs up sometimes when I take my foot off the brake and I have to pull it up with my toe. Richland is only 4 hours away--maybe I should cruise over to give Rick an opportunity to see my quandry firsthand and work his engineering magic. Did about 325 miles yesterday and the knees were much more comfortable 200 miles in than before. I am actually surprised at the difference one inch can make (that's what she said...).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ricks peg lowering kit.

Ricks peg lowering kit works great. Well designed, easy install and very fair price. My bike actually shifts smoother, I can get my feet off easier when stopping and erogonics is much better:thumbup:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Did the lowering install Sat. morning, easy to do, 45 min. tops, with great results.
I was skeptical that on inch could make that much of a difference, (yea, yea, I know, that's what she said!) but it does.
I put the brake side on, then sat on the bike to feel the difference between the two, and was pleasantly surprised. Rode all weekend and love it.
The only time I was uncomfortable on the Vee, was before I got a Rick Mayer seat, never thought much about lowering the pegs, and at 6'2" never suffered from knee pain or leg fatigue, but with Rick's kit, I feel the bike fits me even better.

·
Registered
109 Posts
At 6'1", with artificial knees, I finally installed the Rick's peg lowering kit this morning (ordered on Wed arrived on Fri). What a difference! Another happy customer.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Just ordered the footpeg kit today, can't wait!! I wish he made something like this for the rear pegs. Cheers--BB
I'll second that. I too would love it if he would make something similar for the rear pegs. My wife is very long-legged and would like the rear pegs lowered a little (and maybe moved forward a little). Maybe if he gets enough people interested he might some up with something. Everyone interested in rear peg extenders should shoot him an email and ask if it's something he might consider. I have Rick's peg extenders, fork brace, and mirror extenders. I highly recommend them all.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts