StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Richland Rick peg lowering kit arrived today and I promptly went about installing it. The left side is a no-brainer. The right side is a bit tougher. I was able to get the right side installed but with a few issues.

1. When I released the brake arm from the shaft, I noticed a few drops of brake fluid had run out of the reservoir and onto the frame. Not sure what that is about.

2. When I reassembled everything I noticed that my brake travel from rest to full breaking is pretty small, less than 1/2 inch. It may have been that way, I just don't remember. Should have measured that. The rear wheel spins freely with just a bit of pad rub which I believe is normal.

3. Once assembled I put on the spring lengthen-er and it was too long. I rebent it but proceeded to work-harden the metal and broke it. Currently I have a nice paper clip in it's place. What should I use as a replacement, and why was it too long to begin with? (Related to No. 2 above?)

4. The brake piston extender is nice and tight at the top and at the brake arm due to the presence of the jam nuts. However, the extension is merely threaded in-place the has a bit of free play. I know it will not loosen due to the other jam nuts. Is this normal.

Thanks for the hand holding, Chris.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm not sure what to say about the fluid leaking out...that shouldn't happen though.

I would use a cotter pin in place of the lengthening loop. Much stronger material than a paper clip. Keep the eye as one end for the spring, with a 90* bend at the other end...then spread where it goes through the pedal.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The mushroom cap head on #5 seals against the part above it. It may be possible for the seal to leak a little fluid if #5 is moved significantly away from its normal orientation.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The mushroom cap head on #5 seals against the part above it. It may be possible for the seal to leak a little fluid if #5 is moved significantly away from its normal orientation.
I can confirm the #5 rod did snap up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts