StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...new item will hit the streets soon!

I have been working with Rick on a new dash, shelf, whatever he will call it.

Keep an eye peeled for the announcement.

The one that you see, above, is a prototype.
There will be a bit of adjustment on a couple areas.

I fit my receptacles and switches this morning.
It will go back to Rick for powdercoating, soon.

Henry

·
Registered
64 Posts
...new item will hit the streets soon!

I have been working with Rick on a new dash, shelf, whatever he will call it.

Keep an eye peeled for the announcement.

The one that you see, above, is a prototype.
There will be a bit of adjustment on a couple areas.

I fit my receptacles and switches this morning.
It will go back to Rick for powdercoating, soon.

Henry
Will that shelf be compatible with '11 and lower Wee models?

·
Registered
90 Posts
plate

I would probablly buy the plate, powder coated with no holes, other than mounting holes, and I'll do my own holes for whatever I want.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What are your application for those ada buttons?

Qurious
One of them will be for a pair of led conspicuity lights.

The other will likely be to isolate the power to my heated grip and heated gear controllers but I'm not quite sure yet...

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would probablly buy the plate, powder coated with no holes, other than mounting holes, and I'll do my own holes for whatever I want.
If I am not mistaken, the way that they will be offered ...

...AND KEEP IN MIND, THAT I AM IN NO WAY SPEAKING FOR RICK...

...will be however you want them.

Blank, cool!

Tell him where and what size and he'll machine the holes...

DISCLAIMER--Those are my thoughts and the way that I think that he currently does the other shelves.
You will have to wait to see the way that Rick offers them.

·
Vendor
5,850 Posts
Thanks Henry,

That is correct, "you can have it your way." Aluminum, powdercoated black, holes, no holes, etc.

The new 2012 shelf has a lot of room on it. It can easily fit a meter, two sockets, and possibly three switches if descretion is used in the size of switch.

Rick
aka, richlandrick

·
Registered
42 Posts
Rick - Have you given thought to offering a standard shelf with all included i.e. the meter, the switches, and the 12v outlets included with instructions etc.? I appreciate the folks who have the mechanical ability to mount, cut, spec, wire, and install, but I am not one of them :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Have you given thought to offering a standard shelf with all included i.e. the meter, the switches, and the 12v outlets included with instructions etc.?
That would be a sweet piece of equipment, speced with whatever switches, outlets, etc. that you wanted....:hurray:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thanks Henry,

That is correct, "you can have it your way." Aluminum, powdercoated black, holes, no holes, etc.

The new 2012 shelf has a lot of room on it. It can easily fit a meter, two sockets, and possibly three switches if descretion is used in the size of switch.

Rick
aka, richlandrick
Woo Hoo. Got a price yet? I don't have a Glee yet but want one of these cut for a datel voltmeter, heated grip button switch and maybe a 12 volt mount if room.

JDP

·
Registered
220 Posts
Guys, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this thread first started in April, it is now AUGUST, and still nothing on his website. I dont think that this item is happening :(

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If you want one, whether it's on the website, or not, I'd recommend that you send him an email.

Could be that the busy fellow hasn't put it on his site.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I do like the looks of it, but there is room on the sides to mount a rocker switch for heated grips and a 12 volt flush mount. I don't like too much stuff in the way of changing light bulbs when needed, and like pointed out, this hasn't made it to the web page so maybe not going to be produced. I guess I can live without it.

JDP

·
Registered
105 Posts
I haven't installed it yet I got mine with two 12V holes and one for the Datel. Came in the mail on Friday. Looks good!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts