StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else praying that some bikes get to see owners in the near future so there's some difference in the thread topics?

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Anyone else praying that some bikes get to see owners in the near future so there's some difference in the thread topics?
Couldn't agree more. Too much talk, not enough motorcycle and motorcycling!
Our winter up here in the Northeast of the U.S.A. has been harsh, and not much to do but talk about motorcycling. Hoping that will change soon as March 20th is the official start of Spring - hope nature listens to the calender. Once riders actually take possession of their Vee2's, new discussions about the bike and its' farkles will reach epic proportions. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
3,020 Posts
Just start posting naked pics of your wife and/or girlfriends........that will keep the threads "alive" for us thru the Winter Months.
No one will even think about riding a motorcycle. They will be too busy waiting on the next batch of pics to "pop up"........:biggrinjester:

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Perhaps we could start one on Oil or Tires.

That would do the trick!

Gonna go hide with the bong now... :beatnik:

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
So your solution is to make a completely new thread to complain about other threads :headbang:

The bike is yet to hit showrooms in most parts of the world, let alone getting into owners hands yet. Most prospective new owners are wanting to soak up any sort of news out there at the moment about this new bike, seeing as it is the first new 1000 in over a decade!

So sue me for posting motorcycle reviews on a motorcycle forum, let alone V-Strom reviews on a V-Strom forum.:confused:

Once new owners get their bikes I am sure we will see a whole bunch of new threads, and based on the history of this forum the majority will probably be about fuel economy, or what oil to use, or what torque specs to use etc.. :bom_sleeping:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Let's just stay calm everyone, steady hand on the helm and all that...

It's been a very, very long winter. Not just because, well, of the long winter that it really has been, but because of the inordinate amount of patience it's taken to wait for this bike. Migod, it's been almost seventeen months since jokermtb made the first post here about it, and we've all been cooped up in here reading translated reviews, and questioning, squabbling (some outright sniping) about whether the motojournalist really did like the bike, or was full of beans, or was just some pantywaist jaded pommie adrenaline junkie, or what. The motojournalist simply made a paycheck writing a story and got to ride a new bike and eat shrimp cocktail in a hotel, is what really happened. And we're suffering, waiting, cooped up reading about it, shrimpless. The bike will be just fine, that much is apparent. Like everything else, it might not flip everyone's switch. Big surprise there eh!

I am guilty of posting a lot here myself - admittedly some silly stuff - but I do agree that the review posts would be much more helpful if kept in one thread. I try to do that with the videos I find, hence the "YARV" thread. And I've read so many poor Youtube translatations of Italian and French captions that same, my English grammar may never again be, with smooth chestnut.

So I'm just saying - as a friend, zedex9r - yes keeping them in a common thread will be helpful and appreciated by your Stromtrooper associates. Look at it this way: think of the folks who will want to come here months from now to research the bike before purchasing. One thread would do 'em a world of good. Think of those of us who might want to, for fun during a future long winter, go back and reflect on the reviews and compare to our ownership experience. Lastly, just think of the kids, man. Think. Of. The. Children!

Mr. Oop North John has a salient point and I concur. Think of this as just a friendly intervention... and here's to riding well when you get your Vee2, my Aussie brother....

There, see? To extend the olive stick I even used the term "Vee2" even though it makes my skin crawl at how bland and unimaginative it is. Veek is ded, long live veek...

OK so go back to arguing and stuff now. :D

R

·
0 Posts
Perhaps we could start one on Oil or Tires.

That would do the trick!

Gonna go hide with the bong now... :beatnik:
I bet you were a real brat when you were a kid.
I'm sure somebody is gnashing her/his teeth at the mere suggestion of those two unmentionables.

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
I'll just stick with only posting the reviews on my blog.:yesnod:

Anyone that wants to read them can go here:

A Pair of Stroms | Stromtrooper.net

I will add them as they come through from various sources.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Zedex9r,
I appreciate your postings on this site, and find them helpful. I will add your site to my favorites. I also hope to begin posting helpful comments regarding my 2014 Vee2 as soon as it arrives.The Vee2 is certainly an important new addition to the Suzuki enthusiasts and the larger motorcycling community.:rockon::rockon

·
Registered
159 Posts
Zdex9r: I appreciate that you are a true Strom-thusiast and for all of your hard work on research, as well. You are keeping us informed. That is a good and helpful thing. I have also added your blog to my favorites. I look forward to more information-sharing from you through "A Pair of Stroms." Thanks again.

·
Registered
163 Posts
This has got to be the most drawn-out unveiling of a refresh of an existing model in history. The bike was "leaked" (yeah, right) way too early. Everyone's read the reviews, already knows the specs, knows the price, and has sat on it at the bike shows months ago.

After all this time, it may proove to be one of the most anti-climatic events ever when it shows up at Dealers. Not because it's not a fine bike; we all know it will be. But just because it's...well, after all this time.

They didn't play this one very well. I'm already yawning and I doubt I'm the only one, truth be told.

JET

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
This has got to be the most drawn-out unveiling of a refresh of an existing model in history. The bike was "leaked" (yeah, right) way too early. Everyone's read the reviews, already knows the specs, knows the price, and has sat on it at the bike shows months ago.

After all this time, it may proove to be one of the most anti-climatic events ever when it shows up at Dealers. Not because it's not a fine bike; we all know it will be. But just because it's...well, after all this time.

They didn't play this one very well. I'm already yawning and I doubt I'm the only one, truth be told.

JET
Actually I'm the opposite, the closer this bike gets to release the more excited I am getting. :hurray:

Even though I have seen it in the "flesh" at the Motorcycle show, the chance to really look at it, play with it and take one for a test ride is something I can't wait for.

·
Registered
195 Posts

JET
You know , your quite right,, i feel the same about this has i dis about the triumph Thunderbird , after 2 years of rumors 12 months of yes its being released and a further 12 month or so of next month next month , were not sure bullshit , i said stuff it and bought something else .

Will admit after 12 months i succumbed and bought one , but by then the gloss and hype had worn off , and it never eventuated to be the bike , i was sure i needed and wanted ,

Same with this one , i've gone from whens it coming , whens it coming , how much and how much ,

Well i've gone from that too , fack it i can save myself 10- 12 grand and keep my 650 , or if i'm gonna lose that much on my 650 and spend that much , i may has well get a tenere , the price is'nt that far off . ..

This bike has been anticipated and built up too much , the gloss is wearing thin now .

·
Registered
209 Posts

JET
I hope Suzuki's production lines are running 24/7...If not, I want an explanation....

·
Administrator
17,525 Posts
I agree that there has been too much of a build up, and too long of a build up.....but I'm still excited about it. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I agree that there has been too much of a build up, and too long of a build up.....but I'm still excited about it. :mrgreen:
Me too. It's been obvious for a while now that we likely wouldn't see the bike until April, so it doesn't bother me... even while being out-of-pocket for a deposit and having a coupla goodies on the garage workbench waiting for it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts