Strom Trooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just installed on my '14 Rodstrom DL1000 and took a ride with the new foot pegs.

First, the installation for each side only takes 2-3 minutes. You only need a needle nose pliers to pull the retaining clip from the retaining post holding it all in. Wrenches for the bolts.

Some pre-assembly is required though, and that's simply bolting the rubber pads on with a washer and bolt and bolting the peg assembly to the new provided mounting hardware. There are 2 height options (holes) and I chose the lowest. I also used the rubber foot pads, which I prefer.

Here they are mounted, first far away, then close up so you can see the down angle and compared to the size of the OEM footpeg.

Review on feel and comfort:

These pegs make my feet feel much more confidently placed on the pegs. It's hard to describe completely, but it's more like a 1/4 floor board at a slight forward down-angle that gives my size 13 boots better access to the controls. They give a very solid feel and the slightly shorter length as compared to OEM pegs wasn't noticed at all.

I was going to get a peg and control lowering kit, but these pegs gave me the feel I was looking for. I'm a 32 inseam if that helps any of you judge the seat to peg ratio for comfort and functionality or ergonomics.

Overall I have to give these SW Motech pegs a huge thumbs up for ergonomics and ease of install. Cost felt a bit high but I believe they're worth the cost.

Safe Riding all and Happy Holidays... :)

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
Thanks. Looks good. Good pictures too. Gives me something else to think about while shoveling snow.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
More $

I'm gonna go broke reading these things.:wink2:
Seriously, they look really good. Lots of time before spring to add them.

Just looked them up: $160?--They are officially off of my list, Nice though.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
How easy is it to take the rubber off? Say riding the highway to the trail and then removing for the dirt

The rubber comes off really easy. A small socket wrench or a driver will remove the bolt in seconds. I never taken them off and only installed them because I see no need to remove them. I liked them so much I put them on both my bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts