StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I switched my mirrors: left to right, right to left.

I like the change in field of view.

I do not mind the look.

The reason I did it was to see if the change in configuration would affect the airflow, thereby reducing (or increasing) buffeting.

I will let you know what I find.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
So, you are either looking at the backs of your mirrors or you have a fine view of the rider?:confused: Seriously, if it works, let us know.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, you are either looking at the backs of your mirrors or you have a fine view of the rider?:confused: Seriously, if it works, let us know.
Field of view is fine, taller rather than wider. The mirrors are angled different, of course.

The real test will be turbulence.

I thought I had solved the buffeting until I bought a second bike (2010 Royal Enfield C5). Naked air whistles but does not buffet. Quite a difference.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I would assume the mirror heads are rotated on the stalks to present the proper side after they are switched. A picture would be nice.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
If you are truly reversing them you should be able to see the future.
Well sort of...... Because he is looking into his mirrors, to see what is behind him, that perspective would be, "back to the future".

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am pleased to report that this configuration eliminated all that remained of the buffeting.

The Givi shield and then the Mastad bracket reduced buffeting significantly, reversing the mirrors ended it all.

Next week I am going to re- install the stock shield with and without the Mastad bracket. I want to see if reversing the mirrors would have sorted this out 90,000kms ago.

I am on my iPod and have no idea how to post a pic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts