StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever put a reverse shift pattern on their Strom? I have two sportbikes with reverse shift patterns and I'd like to be consistent so as to avoid shifting mistakes.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
You didn't mention if it was a "litre" Strom or 6Fiddy. I know on the 6Fiddy you can reverse the lever on the shift shaft and get what you are looking for.

I don't think you can do it on the litre bike though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but can somone explain to me how to reverse the shift pattern on a 650? I just picked a 650 up and all my bikes (street and track) have been reversed for the last 8 years or so...the ride home was interesting.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Is this a common modification? I've never heard of anyone doing this. What are the benefits? I would assume quicker shifts?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Is this a common modification? I've never heard of anyone doing this. What are the benefits? I would assume quicker shifts?
no its not common. on the street it will give you absolutly nothing of benefit. you will normally only come across it from people that have spent time at the track. on the track it allows you to upshift leaned over without putting your toe under the shifter, which is very very useful since a RS125 doesn't have alot of room when leaned all the way over. i started revsering mine when i started riding on the track, and i really like to keep the shift patterns the same on the track bikes as the street bike to avoid unpleasent mistakes.

·
Premium Member
2,877 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but can somone explain to me how to reverse the shift pattern on a 650? I just picked a 650 up and all my bikes (street and track) have been reversed for the last 8 years or so...the ride home was interesting.
Just reverse the little arm that's connected to the shift shaft. It's pointing up now, rotate 180° so it points down.

·
Registered
22,267 Posts
common only on sportbikes, but I prefer it myself. cause I got used to it

on my SV, I have one particular local sweeper with an increasing radius to the left, coming out of the corner in 2nd gear is near redline, too much power to rear wheel for how far your leaned, the first part of the corner, you want to be on 2nd, but when it opens up, you want to be in 3rd or your gonna spin the rear wheel right out from under ya

the other benefit is not so many people want to "try out your bike" once they find out shifting is reversed :cool:

on the 1k, I haven't tried anything yet, but I'm gonna one day

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Reversing the Wee is easy. Ditch the stock linkage and just use a shifter off a DR650 (see the below link, posts 12, 14, and 16), or a Touratech shifter. Slide it over the gear spindle, and you're all set. I made the switch because the DR650 lever fit my foot better. Been rollin' through the gears this way for several thousand miles, and I'm happy as a clam!

http://www.stromtrooper.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11564&page=2

·
Registered
646 Posts
The transformation it will make in your life is incalculable. I found that my Whites were Whiter, my Colors were more Colorfull, my Mutual Funds soared, and the daughter brought home straight A's.
No benefit to this mod. Just a mod. for the sake of being different...?
This was used on early race bikes with rear set footpegs. It's the only way to do it simply back then..
Where do you guys find these old threads anyway...?

·
Registered
112 Posts
won't work just reversing the little arm because of the way the rest of the linkage works. thanks whistler for the idea of a dr650 shifter. i think i'll give that a try.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Automatic?

I don't have to think about shifting again....so nice.

Wow, it turned it into an automatic?? I don't know if I'd like that...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts