StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

New to this Board, just bought my second Wee on Sunday. :thumbup:

I have been riding in the PNW for about 10 years and just love it up here. Most of my prior riding has been on sportbikes, with the exception of one prior Wee about 5 years back.

One question: I would like to get hard luggage for traveling and (of course groceries, water and a first aid kit). Can anyone tell me how wide a set of E21's are mounted on the bike? I think I read somewhere that the V35's are about 43 inches wide when mounted on the bike?

Although I have the inseam to move my little beasty around the garage/parking lots it isn't that easy and dont want to get bags so large that they make the bike more... um.... unwieldy?

So, thoughts, ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Cheers! Kathy

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
FYI. the dark side is a car tire on the rear.
can't help you with what you want to know though. unless of course you go with turbo city's setup with pelican cases. then the width will be 36" with 1520 and 38" 1550 cases.

·
Registered
30 Posts
There is a great thread on this here but I cannot for the life of me find it. A whole bunch of folks posted pictures of their setup with costs and width. If I find it I will send you the link.

Roln

·
Registered
485 Posts
Kathy, I have the 21's on my bike. I don't know how wide they are but they are narrower than the handlebars. And ignore those other reprobates! Welcome to the asylum!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
yeah. just ignore me. not with the ignore button cuz i come up with some funny stuff sometimes and i sure would hate for you to miss out so just mentally ignore me when i'm not so funny or helpful or just being an all around schmuck.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hi Kathy:

Just wanted to say it was nice meeting you earlier today at Wingman. That's a nice Wee you are assembling there! I am definitely convinced I need to powder-coat my wheels that lighter color the next time I get tires. As I mentioned to you, many of the WA and OR gang tend to frequent the Northwest area of the Board, so stop on by! http://www.stromtrooper.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Glad to see you have come back to your senses and bought another Wee :mrgreen:

But you need to disassociate yourself from any thought of Darksiding your Wee.

Here is what Darksiders are about: http://lifeisaroad.com/stories/2004/10/27/theDarkSide.html

I just don't understand how squared off car tires work on bikes that need to lean in order to go around corners...to save a few bucks on rubber :headbang:

·
Registered
22,267 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Don't want to get into the darksiding debate as everyone has their opinion on Darksiding and the subject has been beaten to death on the forums such as BurgmanUSA. Just wanted Kathy to know how that word is generally used in the MC world. To each their own.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts