StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the factory lower seat very uncomfortable. It pushes your legs out not down, so your still on your toes. I returned it to the dealership and got my money back. now I'll look for an adjustable dog bone.I would like to lower the bike only a 1/2"

·
Registered
418 Posts
That's disappointing to hear as I have one on order.

I rode my bike home yesterday with the standard seat and was surprised that it felt ok (was expecting it to be much too tall). The only thing that I missed being able to do was back up the bike while in the saddle.

Have you considered messing around with the rubber stoppers under the seat? Half an inch isn't much.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I professionally got my stock seat shaved and turned out pretty good. It costed me $85 at a local upholstery shop and they did a nice job. I would say just over 1/2 inch difference from before and comfort wise can tell any difference from before.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I had my seat re-done to make it lower, and flatter front to back and thinned out side to side. I'm not pushed into the bars as much and reach is a little better.

I have cut the seat feet a little more then in half which will give you a little more drop with out smashing the battery or anything else under the bike. When I cut them, I used play dough on the battery to see how far the seat will flex to make sure it wont hit the battery. I have about a decent 1/4" space between the seat and battery after the biggest jumps on the seat. Jump on it like your trying to kick statrt it.

Make sure that you do this with the kick stand up, or else you will launch your self off the bike towards the right in a cheapish zero Mph/Kph high-side.

Also while you are at it, shave down the round bumper feet so that the seat now kind of sits nice. If you don't, the seat will bow every time you sit on it.

The plus to this is that the seat is super easy to put on, locks its self under its own weight. Its a little wiggly, but once you sit on it, it stays put. If you dont like it, just get new feet for the seat.

You might like this better then lowering links. Also depending on how many miles you have on the bike, the suspension might not be settled yet. Also make sure that you have adjusted your suspension correctly (around 2" and some sag) so that you are not riding at the top of the suspension.

If that does not work, add a few dr scholls to your boots to give you a nice 1/2" lift, and a nice soft walk.

I added this in because it seems that some riders take the lowering links off after a while and return the bike to stock. I have done all 4 mentioned above (Shave seat, cut feet under seat, 2" suspension sag, Dr. scholls) and love the bike with the suspension stock. I cant quite flat foot it, but I have more then enough feet/foot on the ground to be stable in most situations.

I don't know what my inseam is, I'm not a tall guy, but I wear 34 x 30 pants to give you an idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts