StromTrooper banner

Retro-reflective tape? Where to get?

6K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  msgvb 
#1 ·
I'm looking at doing some visibility work on my Wee and was wondering where do you guys source the 3M reflective tape(or equivalent)? The only places I've been able to find are industrial suppliers and will only sell cases for $$$$$.

Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
I bought some yellow reflective off ebay, and some black reflective, too. Just search for 3m reflective tape. You can find sheets, rolls, and strips. I paid about $6 for enough to do my dorky bee thingy on my helmet...

#7 ·
The true (and best) retro reflective is 3M "SOLAS". I've never seen it at Walmart.

I have bought it from Aerostich, and from West Marine. Any well stocked boat shop should have it.
There is no comparison between the cheapy stuff and SOLAS once the lights go out.

#8 ·
Check your local sign shop, they might have some scrap laying around.
Mike

#11 ·
West Marine and most other marine stores will have SOLAS tape.
I buy 2" x 5' sections in different colors at galls.com.
Walmart has red, not sure about other colors.
I use black on fenders, back of mirrors and the like, white in front, orange on the sides, red on the back.

#17 ·
#19 ·
SOLAS = Safety Of Life At Sea

SOLAS retroreflective material is used with a separate adhesive for reliable adherence in a moist environment. The material must meet strict photometric and durability specifications.

#20 ·
just a quick note to say that these are the kinds of posts I like to see -- truly helpful contributions, with the product name and place of purchase or where available. good details! really frustrating reading posts where someone'll pop on and say, "oh yah, I got some retroreflective tape real cheap, works great!" and that's all they say :headbang:

anyone seen sheets of that black striped stuff that twistedthrottle sells in their "kits" for like $20-$30?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.