StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the 4th ride i took on my Strom I stalled in and went down. It went down pretty slow as i was able to jump off and lower it down as best i could. I bent in clutch lever and that is it I think. The wrest of the day I rode without issue.

My fear is now that i bent by side case racks as well. The the exhaust side ones looks a little higher. I know that the sides arn't identical due to the issues with the side case's having to clear the exhaust. I don't see any scuff on the cases so i'm hoping i'm just being paranoid. Is it possible that someone post a picture of the rear of the bike with the Factory SE cases so i can get a perspective.

Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Look at the third images of this post (url below) and let me know if you can figure it out from it (sorry, but I can no longer post links nor images, since apparently we now have to have at least 50 posts to do so :thumbdown:)

stromtrooper.com/839396-post15.html

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the perfect reference and yes it looks the same i don't think i have bent it as previously thought. Thats was bugging me thanks for that.

The posting limit is a bit annoying. But hey it cuts down on spam and crap i'm sure.

·
Registered
15,543 Posts
I flipped my bike and destroyed the factory luggage and the mounts were fine. I'd be surprised at a no speed fall over doing them in.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I flipped my bike and destroyed the factory luggage and the mounts were fine. I'd be surprised at a no speed fall over doing them in.
You flipped your bike? :jawdrop: were you trying to wheelie?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Photo of my bike at dealership with side cases.

Image-22 sm.JPG
So the 4th ride i took on my Strom I stalled in and went down. It went down pretty slow as i was able to jump off and lower it down as best i could. I bent in clutch lever and that is it I think. The wrest of the day I rode without issue.

My fear is now that i bent by side case racks as well. The the exhaust side ones looks a little higher. I know that the sides arn't identical due to the issues with the side case's having to clear the exhaust. I don't see any scuff on the cases so i'm hoping i'm just being paranoid. Is it possible that someone post a picture of the rear of the bike with the Factory SE cases so i can get a perspective.

Thanks!
Attached is a photo of my bike at dealership before I took delivery showing the side cases. they are asymetrical as the right case has to clear the muffler

·
Registered
15,543 Posts
"You flipped your bike? were you trying to wheelie?"

No, I exhibited very poor off road excursion form. I do dirt for shit!
Me and the carcass are doing fine now though!:biggrinjester:

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Yeah when you're leaned over in a slow speed turn and the engine dies it's pretty much over. I've done it a couple of times. I need to feather the clutch for slow speed maneuvers. One of these days I'll install a smaller front sprocket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts