StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings gents!! This is my first post here.

I have a 2008 Vee and guess what>??? the rear shock is toasted. I ride two up most of the time on curvy bumpy roads here in Puerto Rico. I have searched for options and found the progressive 465 around what I am willing to spend on suspension upgrade. The shock could be sent to DMR or Sasquash for rebuilt, but I dont want to park the bike either....

I am 205 and the lady is 147... the spring rate is no bueno...

Any feedback from a progressive suspension user?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't speak to progressive.

Spring arte though should be 625/650 if you ride mostly solo, 675/700 if you ride two up a lot. Good luck
First number is front and then rear or is it the range? This would be the first time I seek changing a spring on a bike. Cars I've done bike no

·
Registered
688 Posts
no both numbers are rear . the first is a choice between 625/650 for riding solo and the other numbers if you ride with your wife a lot.

Those numbers are in pounds per inch (sorry for not specifying).

front forks should be either 0.95 or 1.0, this time measured in N/mm (don;lt ask my why most people switch between measurement systems between front and rear cause I don't know

·
Premium Member
4,864 Posts
I have the Progressive 465 w/RAP on the rear. Installed about 8 years ago and 52,000+ miles. I travel with side cases, top cases, a pillion bag, and tank bag which add 115 to 150 pounds plus my geared up weight of about 205 - 210 pounds. No problems or complaints and I have been real happy with its performance.

YMMV

·
Registered
375 Posts
My 04 had a pretty tired shock at 50k miles or so. I picked up a used 465 w/RAP on this forum, reportedly with 10k miles. Major improvement. Full disclosure: I have mostly owned clapped out bikes with clapped out shocks, so the bar was low. But the bike is so much better now.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
WIlbers has done well for me, mine is on it's second DL650, probably >200,000k's on it with two rebuilds. (I will point out that a shock rebuild is expensive, 20-50% of the cost of the shock) but it's performed extremely well and never let me down.

I know finding suspension rebuilders locally will be a problem and I'm not suggesting get a local to rebuild the existing shock but find out if there are any at all if they do exist and what shocks they like working/can get parts for with and choose from those.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
I had Sasquatch rebuild mine. I was able to borrow a shock from a friend while mine was getting worked on.
So the bike wasn't out of service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had Sasquatch rebuild mine. I was able to borrow a shock from a friend while mine was getting worked on.
So the bike wasn't out of service.
How can I find "Sasquash"? LOL but for real.
I dont want to park the bike either..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts