StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure my handguards on my DL1000 were installed correctly. I don't have my bike with me right now but was curious if it is possible to rotate them so that they do a better job of blocking the wind? There are two reasons I'm asking this question. First my hands seem to get colder than I expected them to and second is when my bars go to full lock either left or right the handguards hit the console before it reaches lock.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I just installed guards on my Wee when I replaced my bars. I had a problem with the guards hitting the fairing. I could rotate the guards so that didn't happen, but in my case that put the clutch/brake levers in the wrong location (they rotate together). My solution was to rotate the bars - I had them too far forward/away from me and bringing them back towards me just a little bit solved the problem.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have the same problem with wind over the top of my hands also. Since they are part of the pirch assembly we are s.o.l. with stockers. I don't want the full hand guards like Acerbis and the Power Mad mounts to the bars but not enough room for fitment I don think.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts